Lovepedal Purple Plexi800 tone

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by keith_t4e, Apr 12, 2008.

1. keith_t4e

keith_t4e Member

I love Lovepedals. I have a black Eternity that sounds great. I want that over the top pedal that will make my strats sound great with ample gain. I do not, however, love that "brown" sound of VH's first few LPs. Clips of the PP800 are scarce. Help me out here guys. Who have a PP800? How is it? thanks

2. 4styx

4styx Member

I went through a lot of dirt pedals looking for a good strat sound.One day I tried a chorus with a mix knob(I'm no fan of traditional chorus sound),set the speed real low,depth 9-10 o'clock and turned the mix knob way down.Now my strat sounds great with any thing and magical with the volume backed down.You can't tell there's any effect on,just fills out the sound.

3. keith_t4e

keith_t4e Member

4. spazmonkey

spazmonkey Member

I used it on a couple of gigs this week and it is SWEET! The gain really kicks in in the last 10% on the gain knob. I tried it with the gain backed way off for rhythm and goosed it with a tube screamer and damn, it just sounded great, made my 1x12 combo sound huge and ratained tons of clairity. Great pedal.

5. jdandry

jdandry Member

I also found that the 800 has alot of highs. My solution, I put it in a looper with a Dano EQ and take the 6.4k all the way down and boost some lower mids, just a touch. Works great!!

6. jdandry

jdandry Member

Experiment but I found the EQ worked the best after the 800. I just got a original Purple Plexi 100. More mids, less presence, less gain and a great skinny, fat tone control. skinny kinda has that Zep Houses of the Holy LP sound and the other side of the tone control is more Heartbreaker. Great pedal, together with the 800 I'm covering all my Plexi needs!