• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Lovepedal service is good stuff.

cubistguitar

I should tell the short history of how I get to be a satisfied customer.

First, I buy a very cool Purple Plexi proto on ebay about 3 or 4 years ago. Very powerful heavy distortion that had way too much volume on tap and could pummel an amp to death. I was running my plexi pretty hot already, so it just didn't get enough love back then.

Next, a bandmate that likes to borrow pedals, even if he forgets to ask. It is sorta gone from rehearsal room and it returns some months later. Not working. I really hate to say it, but my friend has the midas touch when it comes to breaking gear.

I leave it around for a few weeks and finally get around to emailing with Lovepedal service that it needs repair, i am not the first owner, yada yada. The person on the other end says to just send it in, they will fix it. I am excited but cautious and want to stress that I don't require a free ride, please send me an invoice when it ready.

Fast forward about 14 weeks later they still have the pedal and don't have a repair status for me because they are too busy to get to it yet. I get somewhat immature over the email and have it returned to me. Call me stupid, i just needed a little honesty or whatever.

I catch someone spewing about not really reaching lovepedal by the typical customer service route, email not returned with a customer service answer. I pipe up and mention my story just to add to the stink. A very concerned Sean answeres the thread and wants to remedy the pedal situation for the thread OP. I figure i didn't make enough noise, so i am where i was to stay. I prefer not to make a lot negative feedback part of my stay here at the page.

Sure enough, Sean emails me and wants the pedal back pronto. Sends me paypal to cover shipping expenses, gets the pedal open on his desk as soon as it hits the Lovepedal address, fixes said unit ( bad switch apparently ) and won't take my money for the returned repaired effect.

It is now with me, and now that I use the amps differently( I am runnin pretty clean and warm for a base and slammin with pedals ) this beast really fits right in. I am actually amazed at the ridiculous, rich harmonic distortion. It can drive and such, but it is just an amazing distortion. The volume sweet spot is about 9 to 9:30 anything more and the amp starts sweating bullets. Really thick, super tight, raging gain, so very 80s, very sick.

LOVEPEDAL gets kudos for the over the top service, It came with too much story, but Sean wanted to be clear if there was ever a thing not settled to your satisfaction, make sure you email him before you get ticked at Lovepedal.

i'm glad you got sorted. but still sounds like a really terrible and round about way to get something done.

it seems like the only way to get settled with a lot of builders these days is to call them out in public.

cubistguitar

I hate that element to the story, but the truth is the truth. I wanted an easy experience and it got a little complicated. A very fine distortion nevertheless.

PLAYLOUD

Sean learned all his customer service skills back when his was working in the electronic section of Walmart. You know that wall of car stereo CD/Radio/Cassette players? He wired up all of those. In fact it was his idea to install those big red push buttons so people could easily switch and hear different units. It's true, all true.

He was ultimately fired for having a "Target" tattoo. He tried to tell them he was into hunting, but they didn't buy it. Next thing you know he's building pedals. Go figure...

itkindaworks

Silver Supporting Member
Sean learned all his customer service skills back when his was working in the electronic section of Walmart. You know that wall of car stereo CD/Radio/Cassette players? He wired up all of those. In fact it was his idea to install those big red push buttons so people could easily switch and hear different units. It's true, all true.

He was ultimately fired for having a "Target" tattoo. He tried to tell them he was into hunting, but they didn't buy it. Next thing you know he's building pedals. Go figure...
:rotflmao

cubistguitar

well the story i would like to tell firmly is this

someone at lovepedal dropped the ball on my customer service

Sean picked up the ball and was very kind and generous

The distortion sounds amazing

My frustration about the service is not good. I got treated like a customer this time around and I fell like saying a good word about my experience. I do also appreciate that the distortion is really very good.

lcjc800

Sean's helped me out with repairs graciously in the past, and I will say that Mike at AnalogMan has also been superb in this department.

Bmused

Gold Supporting Member
In the past Sean and staff from Lovepedal have always been responsive to questions and repairs with minimal charges and hassle. I've also had good experiences with Jetter Gear and Zvex as well.

JackButler

Silver Supporting Member
Does this mean maybe you misfired about certain other items or demos of his, biased from your previous opinion?
Will you try other Lovepedals?
Just curious, as a fanboy of course :>)

Kev O)))

I've emailed them a couple of times and got immediate responses.

Plus, I really appreciate their honesty [I was trying to compare and old version of a pedal with a newer one] and not trying to steer me into something I didn't want or need.

Plus, they're from Michigan too.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom