lovepedal super six stevie mod

underdog726

Your demo sold me Anthony, I ordered one. Might be replacing my elMo that sounds great at home but doesn't seem so great on stage.

groovemeister

hey anthony, your demo sounds killer. just wondering if you've tried boosting it with an 808 instead of the wampler? i'm thinking your choice of booster could be best, as the super six sounds to me like they have incorporated a bit of an 808 type vibe into the gain structure already, would you agree?

big mike

Cathode biased
Platinum Supporting Member
Killer demo. which Zexcoils are those? Edit found it, custom set.

Pedal soudns great, nice playing too, you've nailed that great texas flood vibe!

Zexcoil

Vendor
Killer demo. which Zexcoils are those? Edit found it, custom set.

Pedal sounds great, nice playing too, you've nailed that great texas flood vibe!
That's actually a standard set, we named it after Anthony, the "Texas Blues Set".

Neck SV5O
Middle SV2
Bridge SV5+

I initially made the SV5O as a bridge pickup, but Anthony had the brilliant idea to put it in the neck for this set.

Would this be a good match with a DSL40C on the clean channel? I already use a TS808, and tuned half step down i get a bit of fender glassiness but not enough...

RYAN1987M

Gold Supporting Member
I'm torn between the Ghost Grey (flat mids) version and the Stevie Mod version - I'd love to better understand the differences between the two.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

coltonius

Señor Member
I'm torn between the Ghost Grey (flat mids) version and the Stevie Mod version - I'd love to better understand the differences between the two.

Can anyone shed any light on this?
I should be able to do this by midweek next week (when my GG arrives).

groovemeister

just ordered one too - can't wait - the site says pre-order -just wondering if there is a wait or if they are in stock now?

RYAN1987M

Gold Supporting Member
Alright, sounds like a few folks now have both current versions of the Super Six.

So, Grey Ghost vs Stevie Mod - compare and contrast please!

Teleman76

Tubes-a-glowin
Gold Supporting Member
Love the Super Six Stevie mod! It's one that the more I play it the more I like it. I can't play SRV at all but what I do play it excels at. Very open sounding. Sean knocked it outta the park on this one!

DeVilleDude

Man, that demo makes me wanna put those 2 pedals between my SRV and DeVille, and lock myself in a soundproof room for about a week.

Just when I thought Bogner was gonna get my next chunk of pedal dough.....

vatore3rd

Platinum Supporting Member
I've had one for a couple weeks now. Works nicely with my Twin (a '65 reissue I bought back in 1993).

Favorite settings for single coils are:
  • LEVEL = 9 o'clock
  • DRIVE = 11 o'clock
  • TREBLE = 3 o'clock
  • BASS = noon
And with the Twin on neutral tone settings, bright off, vol 2-3.

Gives a nice, dynamic clean->dirty progression using the guitar volume knob.

Trending Topics