Lovepedal Twin 60?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Muse-ic, Oct 26, 2005.

1. Muse-ic

Muse-ic Member

What it do, what it cost? :D

:cool:

2. Muse-ic

Muse-ic Member

Is it a boost or....?

3. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

it is a single channel clean boost. it has 2 footswitches with 2 knobs. the one on the right is on/off for the right sided knob. the switch on the left is on/off for that knob(only when the right side is already engaged). if you set the right knob to 12:00 and the left side max, you will be able to boost to 2 different levels(both with the same effect on tone...NONE :) , but of course the left channel is a lot louder due to the settings) also if you want to go straight to the biggest boost, then you leave the left side on and click the right side. it is the cleanest boost i have heard in that it completly leaves your tone ALONE :) i have a tim, rc booster, and hellbaby boost. the twin 60 is cleaner than all. i personally like the hellbaby and tim for the way they DO alter my tone, however a cot50 into twin 60 is also tonal heaven :) hope this helps!!! also talk to the gainster or sean if this description doesnt help, sometimes i get a little long winded and confusing when it comes to describing things ... ooops there i go again. :)

4. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

they cost 150 new and i have seen them for 140 used. go to www.lovepedal.com and email sean the maker he will build you one as they are not his standard production models.

5. Muse-ic

Muse-ic Member

Very cool, thanks for the info - appreciate it! :dude

6. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

no problem :) do a person search for THE GAINSTER must include "the" and on every post he has a link to his soundclip archive. there are clips of the lovepedal twin 60 the as are a bunch of other clips. BTW i have been thinking of selling mine as i have WAY TOO many pedals 21 in all i think, and am short handed for christmas coming up. let me know if you dig the clips and want one ok.

7. Muse-ic

Muse-ic Member

Thanks - I'll check the clips out. :p

8. dividedsky

dividedsky Member

It ended my search for a boost pedal (not to be confused with overdrives, which I will always be searching for). :D But seriously, I leave the right side on a low setting all the time, it is part of my sound now. Does not alter my tone but just makes it sound full. I use the left side for boost in certain songs and solos. It's one of my most favorite pedals out of the tons I have played.

9. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

it seems as if i turn my amp up i can get that same "full" sound so i usually turn the amp up to that sweet spot "just before overdrive" then use the first side for that little OD kick and the second side for full on cruchtasticness :)

10. Ned

Ned Member

how does the Twin 60 compare to another boost such as the Z.Vex SHO?

11. dividedsky

dividedsky Member

IMO, the SHO is an overdrive pedal and the Twin 60 is a clean boost. I know it's somewhat subjective but the Twin only adds a slight grit at full bore where as the SHO goes into OD much earlier.

12. al carmichael

al carmichael Member

The Twin 60 is great boost for my applications. I don't use a boost to slam the front end of my amp--just to act as a volume boost for times when the band is really cranking and I need to "go to eleven!" Thats when I use the left side. The rest of the time, I keep the right side set to right around unity gain. It does not change my tone--yet, it seems to add something good to the sound--like a little "more" of everything. Its a pedal I'd leave on all the time, basically and use as a boost on occasions when thats needed.