lovepedal vibe/eternity demo

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jzucker, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Phil M

Phil M Member

Sounds good, Jack. I see the Old Flame back there! My Nash Strat, brown Roadhouse Eternity and the OF was one of my favorite combinations ever. Why'd I sell that amp again? Oh yeah, now I remember...

I owned the Vibe but never cared for it much.

Looks like you ended up liking the Grosh enough to keep it a bit longer. It looks and sounds amazing.

2. jzucker

jzucker Supporting Member

Hey Phil,

Yeah the old flame is back there but it's the kingsley i'm playing through. The grosh is a keeper though I'm not sure I need 2 strats. :) The kingsley is my favorite amp at the moment. It's a little more stout than the old flame and not quite as fendery. It's got kind of a fender meets marshall tone.

3. jimfog

jimfog Senior Member

Jack,

Playing sounds good, as always.

Your latest demos, however, seem to be seriously lacking high-end, on the instrument. Real muddy and indistinct. Hard to get a good idea of what's going on.

Also, small niggle........while he mentions it, I don't think the Eternity is "based on a Treble Booster".

Cheers!

- Jim

4. jzucker

jzucker Supporting Member

What other demos lack high end? Certainly not this: http://www.sheetsofsound.net/demos/kingsley.mp3 (kingsley/339/ethos demo)

This may lack high end because the lovepedal vibe rolls off the top end a little due to phase cancellation in the chorus effect. I should probably have kicked on the bright switch.

Also, some recent clips were done with the Celestion Heritage G1265 speakers which don't have the high end presence of the RW&B or full range cabs I've used in the past. (I've since switched back to GW&B speakers even though they don't quite have as much of the Robben vibe to them. They are better all around speakers.