Lovepedal Vibe plus

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by VSpaceBoy, Jul 31, 2006.

1. VSpaceBoy

VSpaceBoy Member

I own this vibe and love the sound, but I want more flexability than one big knob. Any sound-a-likes out there with more adjustments? Depth, mix, vol(?) etc..?
    Thanks

2. slowburn

slowburn Supporting Member

voodoo lab microvibe? similar price point...

3. Droptop

Droptop Supporting Member

Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe

4. DaSkip

DaSkip Member

5. VSpaceBoy

VSpaceBoy Member

Hmm.. so those all sound like the MagicBoy??

6. aarockla

aarockla Member

I have a a vibe, I've thought about going other routes with a vibe pedal, but could never get myself to get rid of it. For a lot of other pedals its really diffucult toget a goood setting so I enjoy the simpkcity of the vibe. But I am not into really gettin carried with vibe effects either, so maybe thats why its fits well with me.

7. lcjc800

lcjc800 Member

Here, this may help. Vibe Quest

I use a Mayer VooDoo Vibe.:dude

8. dividedsky

dividedsky Member

Have you messed with the internal trim yet? I've owned several vibes including the very expensive but the magic boy is my favorite. I was just playing and decided it's my one can't live without pedal. Anyway, the internal trim makes a huge difference. There is only a small spot that is really in a usable range but within that range the TINIEST of movements makes a difference. Sean seems to set them a little "thin" for my tastes...more like the Mofaux vibe sound. I like it really wet, but like I said the adjustment is very slight so play around with it.

9. VSpaceBoy

VSpaceBoy Member

Thanks for that list lcjc800, I'll check it out.

phishmarisol, I haven't tried that yet. I didn't know if was there. My goal is to be able to have a mix setting and/or a depth setting. Not as much the intensity type setting. I'll let you know how it worked out.

10. RickB

RickB Member

I have A/B'd a MagicBoy Vibe with my Mojo Vibe and have to say that if I didn't have the Mojo, I would get a MagicBoy. They sound very similar but the MagicBoy keeps the low end intact better. So to answer your question, I would say look at the Mojo if you want more control over it. But I would gladly have the MagicBoy on my board over the Mojo.

11. monacosis

monacosis Member

+1 to this. the internal trim can have a pretty big effect on the overall tone. sean's default setting is probably gonna work for most, but it's worth tweaking IMO. great effect, great price!

mike

12. Bob Sweet

Bob Sweet Member

You're then first person that I'm aware of that thinks the Mojo degrades the lows. If anything I get more questions how to drop some of the low end not add to it. It sounds like you'd be better served selling the Mojo and buying 2 MagicBoy's.
    Or try adjusting the trim pot to your liking.

The MoFaux also has a trim pot, it's underneath the board and is accessable through the 1/4" hole in the board.

13. VSpaceBoy

VSpaceBoy Member

Well I just picked up the Empress Chorus/Vibe from the emporium so we'll see how that shapes up.

Thanks for all the feedback.:crazyguy

14. RickB

RickB Member

The vibe in the Empress is vibrato and not a uni-vibe effect. I hope you knew that. It is an outstanding chorus though! But no uni-vibe type sounds to be had in it.

15. RickB

RickB Member

Hi Bob. Let me try and clarify this. When I posted my comments and re-read them, I feared that what I was trying to say might not have come out right. First, after owning and trying many different vibes, the Mojo is the one that is on my board. And it is staying. It is the best out there in my opinion and does exactly what I want. As for the low end, instead of saying that the MagicBoy keeps the low end intact better, I should have said that the low end is more prominent on that one. By no means do I think that the Mojo "cuts" low end. It is actually quite perfect. The MagicBoy seems to accentuate the low end but does so in a way that it doesn't get woofy or clip. My overall statement that I was trying to get across was that the MagicBoy for the money and simplicity can hang right in there with the big boys and if you are looking for more control over it, then the Mojo is the one I would say sounds the most similar however it seems to have a more prominent low end to it.

So do I really still have to sell my Mojo or will you let me keep it? I dig it way too much to even think of taking it off my board. Please Bob can I keep it? Please? :D

16. VSpaceBoy

VSpaceBoy Member

I didn't know what to expect from the vibe in it to be honest but there are alot of controls on that baby so it seems to be just what I'm looking for. The sounds clips (for whats there worth) sounded great.

17. RickB

RickB Member

Cool! :AOK I just wanted to warn you that it is not going to give you sounds like from the MagicBoy Vibe. But yeah, lots of great sounds in there for sure.

18. Bob Sweet

Bob Sweet Member

Far be it for me to tell you to sell your Mojo, you just didn't sound to happy with it that's all.
    You don't owe me any explanation, I just don't want you to be unhappy with anything I make, simple as that.