• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Lovepedal Vibe

Brion

Silver Supporting Member
I guess this runs on a DC jack (too small for a battery?)

Anybody know if the Pickle is the same circuit as the old Vibe?

No it isn't. Can't be because the original circuit needs a lot of room (works with photocells and stuff) that just isn't available inside the Vibe or the Pickle Vibe. AFAIK, Sean uses a variant of the phaser circuit (w/out feedback loop?) for his Vibes.

charmboy

No it isn't. Can't be because the original circuit needs a lot of room (works with photocells and stuff) that just isn't available inside the Vibe or the Pickle Vibe. AFAIK, Sean uses a variant of the phaser circuit (w/out feedback loop?) for his Vibes.
I think they meant, is the Pickle the same as the Magic Boy Vibe?

es125luv

I am guessing it is the same as the Magicboy, but with some functional changes-

• led status light
  • led speed status light
  • 9vdc jack
  • no battery
  • more durable enclosure

big mike

Cathode biased
Platinum Supporting Member
I ordered one. I miss my Magic Boy and I'm a sucker for a tiny footprint.

charmboy

I'd actually prefer the older design with battery power, since a pedal like this is a great standalone solution for when you don't bring your entire board to a gig. I do alot of gigs where I just bring the guitar/amp/fuzzface and either a wah or modulation pedal... Alot of us have bigger univibe clones on our boards that require and can only be run on external power but might want something smaller and battery powered to throw in a bag or guitar case for the quick setup gigs or jams.

I realize that's not necessarily what he's going for here, but rather a vibe sound with a small footprint for pedalboard real estate, but I figured I'd throw my opinion into the ring just the same.

big mike

Cathode biased
Bet you could rig a battery snap cable to work like off a PP2+ and attach a battery mount to the side.

Just thinking...

big mike

Cathode biased
Bet you could rig a battery snap cable to work like off a PP2+ and attach a battery mount to the side.

Just thinking...
Of course I have a small board for jams and stuff...so for me, this is a great option.

Andre357

I had one of Sean's vibes and really dug it but couldn't justify having BOTH a phase 90 and the vibe on the board......covered different territory but overlapped a bit much to justify both....

this smaller footprint could get one back on my board for sure. if i hear reports it sounds as least as good as the older lovepedal vibe, I'm in.

lets please hear some reports guys when you receive them....

The description on Sean's website is basically identical to that of the "old" Vibe. However, I'd be surprised if they refrained from tweaking the circuit here and there while re-designing it to fit into such a small enclosure. Can't imagine it'll sound worse than the "old" Vibe, though...

I should like to add that I ordered mine yesterday...

Last edited:

Trending Topics