• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Lovepedal Vibronaut Photocell Vibe

BakerySpecial

Silver Supporting Member
Just picked this up. What a great vibe pedal!! I have owned/tried many and the addition of the treble and bass controls really allows you to dial in the low end throb and tame the harsh high end that come with fuzz in front. Great pedal worthy of a youtube demo I think =)

zztomato

I just scored one of these recently. What a great vibe!!! I think it's my favourite- ever. I just mailed back a Drybell V2 in favour of the Vibronaut. It's such a smart idea having a bass and treble control so you can really tailor the sound to your choice of guitar or amp. Internal trims are handy too.
Are these still being made?

IanJarrold

The concur - great sounding pedal. I got one about a month ago in one of the Lovepedal SNS weekend sales.

I was a little underwhelmed until I started tweaking those trimpots and then... bam! Awesome sounding box!

shaps6

Just bought one of these pedals. Awaiting shipment. What does each of the internal trim pots do?

calfzilla

Cynical Hack
Just bought one of these pedals. Awaiting shipment. What does each of the internal trim pots do?
Hoo boy... Going on memory here.. One was gain, one was offset.... Maybe LED brightness?? Can't quite remember the third! Sorry! But they basically allow you to dial in a watery vibe or a throbby vibe.

shaps6

Hoo boy... Going on memory here.. One was gain, one was offset.... Maybe LED brightness?? Can't quite remember the third! Sorry! But they basically allow you to dial in a watery vibe or a throbby vibe.
what's "offset" do?

calfzilla

Cynical Hack
what's "offset" do?
I'm guessing the slope of the LFO. People often want their vibes to throb in a lopsided manner....;)
Technically? I haven't the foggiest. It works in conjunction with one of the other two (maybe gain?) to tailor your sound. Maxing both of the trim pots (offset and the one it works with) will result in no effect. So, if I had to guess, the offset has something to do with a competing waveform, and when both are maxed, they cancel each other out. I.E. not sure if it is the slope of the LFO necessarily.

shaps6

got the lovepedal and re-sold it within 24 hours. not for me. great throb and thick-sounding, but it wasn't "chorus-y" enough for my tastes.

shaps6

Great sounding vibe in a smaller board friendly size. I love mine, will never sell it!
yeah, man. different strokes for different folks. it was definitely solid, but i couldn't get that under-water sound i can get with my deja vibe. (and, yes, i definitely messed around with the internal trim pots)

Haunting Mids

Yep I really like mine as well. Tweaking the internal trim pots really allows you the ability to get the tones you are after.
THIS.
Although it might sound spot on right out of the box,
it even sounds better once you cook it to your taste via the inside trim pots.
The Vibronaut is like an awesome argentinian grilled piece of meat.
But the salt and pepper are under the table.:D

On a side note : I've always prefered it before dirt.
That's how I've always used mine. The level knob doesn't add volume, but it sprinkles some dirt on top.
Those who love it after dirt can "spice" the output. ;)

shaps6

THIS.
Although it might sound spot on right out of the box,
it even sounds better once you cook it to your taste via the inside trim pots.
The Vibronaut is like an awesome argentinian grilled piece of meat.
But the salt and pepper are under the table.:D

On a side note : I've always prefered it before dirt.
That's how I've always used mine. The level knob doesn't add volume, but it sprinkles some dirt on top.
Those who love it after dirt can "spice" the output. ;)
funny, i played with the internal trim pots and still couldn't get the sound i wanted

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
I think Vibe may well be one of the hardest effects for people to agree on, otherwise it wouldn't create so many arguments. I, too, really like the VN. I haven't played the new, DSP version, but it replaced the Bearfoot Mint Green and by extension the Toneczar that the BF replaced on my church board. It just sounds great!

gearhart

I have this vibe as well and really like it. I haven't even touched the trim pots yet = maybe somebody did that to my liking prior as I bought it used, mint (I will play around of course). Does anybody find this pedal to be slightly noisy tho by comparison to other vibes? Totally usable but just wondering.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom