Lovepedal Vibronaut vibe pedal.

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by gibs5000, Jan 29, 2015.

1. gibs5000

gibs5000 Member

I recently was reading a thread on the Amp11 and decided that I would post on the new Vibronaut. I was one of the lucky guys that was able to demo this pedal when Sean at Lovepedal officially released it. That alone made me like this company, the fact that the guy was willing to send out his new design to me was pretty cool.

Now to be clear, my experience with vibe pedals is limited, but I know what I like/want out of a Vibe pedal, and what a lot of people here want as well.... That big massive low end thwamp/throb that makes this effect so unique. Sean I felt did this to a T. The one complaint I've heard a lot from guys is the lack of throb when the similar designs are overdriven. Again this pedal addresses that as well, through the use of the hi and low eq controls. This helps out a lot.

But for me personally, It wasn't enough though, it still lacked that oomph that makes this effect. Then I opened it up, the pedal has 3 internal trimmers, to adjust the offset of throb, the gain level of the modulation, and a blend control. I messed around with these, finding that the blend and offset were best set in their default position. But the gain control is where its at on this thing! Once I turned this up, I was able to here MASSIVE throb, keep in mind that When set the pedal for this, It was going into a comp, a Visual Sound Jekyll and Hyde, (with both channels engaged, and fairly hot) and finally running into the front end of a heavily distorted Mesa Dual Recto. I think that makes it safe to say, that this pedal will handle any kind of gain and still be able produce that magical sound that we all love. I came away thoroughly impressed with this pedal, and its build quality.

After talking back and forth with Sean, I find him to be a respectful builder, who wants to make great products that everyone will enjoy, his work is quality, and his business attitude is excellent, I look forward to doing business with him in the future, and hope to see other great designs from him in the future.

2. ArtDecade

ArtDecade Member

Well, not all of us feel that way about Sean.

3. Billy Idle

Billy Idle Member

It is nothing but your way to feel thing.
    I've bought maybe 15 of Sean's creations or recreations.
    My way to feel things is grounded. This guy knows how to voice an OD.
    Keep bashing him. This is as unreal as unfair. I just don't appreciate your attitude. Bold and nasty for nothing. Just following a landless sheepless herd.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
    blues likes this.
  4. ArtDecade

ArtDecade Member

Its very real. And we can debate who is actually on the short end of fairness until the cows come home. But everyone is entitled to their opinions over his products and ethics.

5. Webfoot

Webfoot Supporting Member

Gibs... did you buy/get one?

6. Serenity

Serenity Member

Thanks for the review. I'm really looking forward to trying the Vibronaut. I've liked all of Sean's pedals that i've tried, and the Kalamazoo Gold is still my go-to overdrive.

7. gibs5000

gibs5000 Member

I did not start this thread to open it up to arguments, if you are not a fan, or you intend to start a fight, I ask that you not comment, and move on to something else.

8. gibs5000

gibs5000 Member

Due to current budget, I was unable to at this point, but it is on my radar for future purchases.

9. ArtDecade

ArtDecade Member

Your product review turned in a very different direction with the last sentence. That's where I took some exception. But I'll move along!

10. gibs5000

gibs5000 Member

I reviewed the product, and the company, I think the two go together, any communication/interaction with the manufacturer, I think goes hand in hand with product review of the total experience.

However, you seem to be coming into the thread with intention to derail. So I politely request that you move on, and comment no further.

11. Billy Idle

Billy Idle Member

Just move along, ArtDecade.
    A witch-hunt on nobody. Buy yourself a Joyo.

12. deadletteroffice

deadletteroffice Member

People who post like ArtDecade are ruining TGP for me. When I first started here there was far less of it. Now you start a post and it's 3, 2, 1...TROLL.

PS, I've owned a handful of Lovepedal products and enjoyed them to various degrees. Never had a problem when emailing with Sean. I think he makes interesting designs.

13. ArtDecade

ArtDecade Member

But Joyo rips off other designers. :dunno

14. jAcKoFsPeEd

jAcKoFsPeEd Member

I don't remember seeing anything on the instruction sheet about the internal pots, what they were for and how to adjust them if you wanted too.

15. gibs5000

gibs5000 Member

I no longer have the pedal, (just sent it back today :( ) Sean might be a better person to ask on the description of what does what.

Roughly, the blend control controls the Wet/Dry signal blend. The offset controls the way the throb reacts in the modulation sequence. And the gain controls the level of the modulation sweep, rather than the output level of the effect.

16. ummohyeah

ummohyeah Member

Sadly, there's a witch-hunt against nearly every pedal builder these days. If people want to moan about the builder rather than act constructive and add to the conversation, you can just thank them for bumping the thread.

As for Lovepedal, this vibe pedal sounds awesome. I've owned the Gen5 Echo for a while now and while it may be deemed outdated or unpopular here, I am happy with it (although I just ordered a Way Huge Echo Puss to pit it against). Very happy with Lovepedal and despite what others say the Lovepedal Amp 11 is a tasty looking pedal, with the Eternity Fuse being the nicest sounding overdrive I've ever heard.

17. gibs5000

gibs5000 Member

^yep, unfortunately, there is always gonna be people that feel that its necessary to rain on everyone's parade, now if it was review, and the person was unhappy with it, then thats there experience, obiously YMMV. But a lot of times it seems to be because people just want to rag on a company/topic. Whether they have any experience with the product or not. But I digress. Back to the topic.

18. MAGICboy

MAGICboy Gold Supporting Member

Thank you.

I appreciate the review and the kind words!

19. gibs5000

gibs5000 Member

20. papersoul

papersoul Member

Hi, I have been looking for either a good phaser or univibe and I use em mostly for solos...like something you may hear from some 90s bands like Pearl Jam or Alice in Chains. I also like univibe or some phasers as a subtle chorus for haunting tones. How is this pedal in that respect?
    Thanks.