Lovepedal White Box of Awesome problem

Mpcoluv

Silver Supporting Member
Guys, I just got a love pedal white box of awesome from eBay and the right side sounds pretty anemic and weak. Is this normal?

Mpcoluv

Silver Supporting Member
I know there are different versions of the box of awesome. How do you determine which model you have if there are no original box or papers? Popped the back off but that yielded no clues.

Last edited:

RMosack

Silver Supporting Member
I’m fairly certain that there were two versions of the White BoA. One had the SRV Super Six on each side. The other had the SRV SS on one side and the Four Knob Brown Deluxe on the other side.
i have the latter. The Deluxe circuit is very low gain.

Mpcoluv

Silver Supporting Member
I have but they weren’t they helpful. I think the low gain side is the 4 knob deluxe pedal. I don’t have a clue about the higher gain side. It sounds good though.

Mpcoluv

Silver Supporting Member
I’m fairly certain that there were two versions of the White BoA. One had the SRV Super Six on each side. The other had the SRV SS on one side and the Four Knob Brown Deluxe on the other side.
i have the latter. The Deluxe circuit is very low gain.

this sounds like it! Thanks! The deluxe side is so low gain I wondered if something was wrong with it. If you crank the output it works pretty well. With all the knobs at noon, it’s pretty anemic.

Last edited:

tonedover

This Is Fine.
Gold Supporting Member
this sounds like it! Thanks! The deluxe side is so low gain I wondered if something was wrong with it. If you crank the output it works pretty well. With all the knobs at noon, it’s pretty anemic.

There are pedals where unity is at 2 o clock, there are other pedals where unity is a hair over 8 oclock. Its very circuit design dependent.

JJO

Platinum Supporting Member
Gain on brown deluxe is very dependent on treble and bass controls—max those and you’ll get some nice fuzzy od. Then gradually dial everything back down to taste. It took me a long time to figure it out, but the key was not to be afraid of turning things way up, past where I’d usually want them... sort of the opposite approach from what I do with most drive pedals.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom