Lovepedal WOODY

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by what?, May 23, 2006.

1. what?

what? Member

Hey I scored a woody last year and have been using it a lot, but not lately, since I acquired loads of other od/sit pedals over the year....

One thing about the woody is that it sounds so incredibly bright and clanky if used as a conventional od, i.e. clean and woody ontop for distortion...

I only use the woody alone as a what I call a "tone-manipulator", leave it on all the time and work with the volume knob....before using it, I have to tame the tone control on my strat to get rid of that brightness, sort of artificial clanky sound??if that make sense...[​IMG]

I use other od's and distortions on my rig , so it got off from my pedalboard cause it's useless with other pedals, but really2 nice as a stand alone on all the time pedal....is this the case with all lovepedal drives?what I notice about lovepedals is that they all have a thin high-end when compared to other pedals???any similar experiences?I've got the twin 60, had the magicboy vibe, tried my friend's COT50, and they all have that brittleness

it's the most dynamic pedal I've owned and tried!![​IMG] clean and all out distortion at the control of your guitar's volume knob!!!

2. rawkguitarist

rawkguitarist Member

Well, since several of his pedals use a type of Treble boost in the circuit (COT for example) his boost pedals do exibit ample high end.

The Eternity has a treble boost, but you can control it's level in the circuit. So the answer is no, the Eternity can be quite dark if you like. I'm not a "pedal on all the time" kinda guy, so the COT50 really isn't for me. But the Eternity is my favorite pedal... EVER! It's great for switching off/on as a stand alone dirt pedal into a clean amp. The COT IMO needs to be used with a slightly dirty amp.

3. what?

what? Member

Hmm might pay a visit to my friend who got an eternity. Can't afford to get one though and am very2 happy with my mosferatu soon to be mosferatus:D ...got another one on the way from Jon "bluesdoc"

4. RobertS.

RobertS. Member

Agreed! I use my COT50 with an already overdriven JCM900 & it really kicks. Didn't like it as much with my Son of Boogie set fairly clean. Will get an Eternity down the road to try with the boogie & my Super as well.

5. erksin

erksin Member

Stacking it in front of another dirt box works too...

6. rawkguitarist

rawkguitarist Member

Yep! I had NEVER heard an OD that sounded good to me, stacked with others. Until I got my Eternity. Now it's a whole new world to me.

All of Sean's pedals work well stacked.

7. seanc

seanc Member

rewog and i have used the woody pedal a couple of times on our jam visits. he has the very first one ever made by Sean. i really like it. love it infact but i just cant bring myself to steal from a mate. hahaha.

kidding greg.

8. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

9. enickma

enickma Member

If you don't have the heart for it, distract him and I'll do the dirty work. Greg has so many, I don't think he'll notice a few choice ones missing for quite awhile ;)

10. rewog

rewog Member

:D :D :D
    They're all part of the family.
    I have to thank "Last Nerve" for starting and fueling my Lovepedal obsession.

11. enickma

enickma Member

Not all of them are "part of the family" any longer ! I hear that a few other family members are wanting to leave the nest :angel

12. rewog

rewog Member

Leave home and move to another country huh ?

13. muddy

muddy Member

the cot50 into an eL84-style amp's clean channel (or set for clean, but loud) is da shite!! i just click it off when i'm done using it. but you'll find that the power toobs, if given a healthy signal ;) will compress the cot & bring it into line, both volume & eq-wise, so that it better matches your other peds. really. i just turn it up to 3:00 & then back the git's volume for clean. it's awesome, very 60's plexi! or i set the cot at 10-11:00, & just use it for "jimi-rhythm" clean (semi), ala hey joe. this is why i always wanted 2 cot's in one box! ah well... anyway, i never really liked it as much for stacking, as it was too noisey for that app.

ml