Lovin' the Fuzz...suggestions

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by mkl13, May 30, 2008.

1. mkl13

mkl13 Silver Supporting Member

Hey guys,

I have been loving my fuzz pedals lately, just cant get enough of them. So much so that I would like to pick up another one or two. I currently have a AM Sunlion, Retroman Sybil, monkey fuzz 3 (silicon), MJM Brit Bender. I love Marc Ford's fuzz tone's, but also Jeff Beck, D. Gilmore, etc.

I would really like to get another fuzz and maybe a fuzz/ octave. Was thinking of a Foxx Tone machine as the fuzz/ octave but not really sure what else would be fun to try. I'd love ideas and if anyone is selling anything they think I may be interested in shoot me a pm.

I will be using the fuzz's in a classic/ southern/ jam rock band, playing a les paul or a strat through a Roccaforte 18 or Matchless lightning clone.

Thanks in advance for suggestions.

2. meterman

meterman Member

Well you've got the Fuzzface and Tonebender angles covered, you're missing a Muff type (unless the monkey fuzz is a Muff?)...I highly recommend the MJM Foxy Fuzz, great pedal

3. mkl13

The monkey fuzz is more of a silicon fuzz face type thing than muff I believe.

4. aquadog

aquadog Member

If you want to try something different, but incredibly awesome and unique, pick up a Lovepedal Karl

5. mkl13

Aquadog, can you give me a description of the Karl? What do you like about it.

6. fazen

fazen Member

7. ethandt

ethandt Member

Check out the Lady Stardust from Phoenix Custom Electronics. It's a germanium based fuzz but it has a lot of versatility to it and it can get pretty nasty if you want it to. Alex makes great pedals and he's great to deal with.

Peace

8. iowa

iowa Supporting Member

9. mkl13

I did a search on the Karl here on TGP and listed to some clips. WOW! That sounds really cool. Looks like a fun pedal to have. Thanks for the suggestions.