Loving my new rig!!!

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Guitarist4u36, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Guitarist4u36

Guitarist4u36 Member

[​IMG]

Hey everyone.
    I've had some time this winter (off season) to put together my new rig. It sounds killer!!! Everything is new except for my tele. I'm excited to try it out for the first time this weekend.

Rig includes:
    Fender American Deluxe Telecaster
    Mesa Lonestar Special
    Line 6 M13
    Wampler Hot Wired
    Wampler Paisley Drive
    Wampler Ego Compressor
    TC Electronic Polytune
    EX-1 Expression Pedal
    Ernie Ball Jr. Volume Pedal
    Shure Wireless
    Pedaltrain Pro
    VooDoo PP+
    Timara "Vamp Stand" Amp Stand
    On Stage Guitar Stand
    Lava Pedalboard kit
    Armor Gold Cable

2. turtleheadblues

turtleheadblues Senior Member

Reminds me of Lonestars Mike Britts rig...very nice

3. Guitarist4u36

Guitarist4u36 Member

Thanks.
    I LOVE your LAVA CABLES too!! I have a couple pedal board kits and 3 of your ELC cables that I use. Awesome stuff!!

4. DGTCrazy

DGTCrazy Moderator de Emporio Staff Member

Great rig! Makes me miss my LSS a bit!

5. guitarrhinoceros

guitarrhinoceros Senior Member

Do you like the sound more with the combo tilted as opposed to coupled with the floor? I have been contemplating doing this with my combo actually, in an effort to hear it better.

Beautiful looking rig by the way. How are you liking the M13 sounds? That is one heck of an easy unit to use, right?

Lastly, what specifically are you loving about the M13 individually, the Mesa individually, and the two together? Are you running things with the 4CM?

Put up a YouTube vid! ;)

6. digthosetubes

digthosetubes Senior Member

Nice. Go for it.
    That guitar looks nice.
    Can't wait to play that board with that amp.
    Lots of tweaking there.

7. Guitarist4u36

Guitarist4u36 Member

I like the combo tilted back for various reasons. One reason, as you've already mentioned, is to hear better. It hits your ears rather than your legs. 2. The sound man loves it because since you can hear better, you don't have to run it as loud and also it's angled 'up' instead of 'out' so it doesn't hit the sound man as directly as if it was facing straight out. 3. I find I can get my tone dialed in better because I'm hearing what the speaker is putting out more directly rather than hearing what the room and other factors are doing to my sound. Just my opinions of course.

This is actually the 2nd pedalboard setup I've had that included a M13. I used it for a couple years, then got an urge to change things up, sold it...only to end up buying another one now. I like several of the sounds of the M13. I like the delays and the mods the most. There are some good distortions in it but I never could quite nail them down like I would have liked. But with the paisley drive and hot wired, I'm covered well. And I still will use the M13 distortions when I want a different flavor if you will. Are there better sounds out there than the M13? I'm sure there are and I'm sure everyone has their own opinions of what they are. But for what I use it for, and for it's price point, I can't see spending a ton of money for individual effects for everything. I use dirt and clean 95% of the time. But if I need a phaser, etc....it's there and sounds great!

I'm using the Mesa as a clean canvas if you will...like you would use a twin. Everything is in front of the amp.

YouTube vid is next on my list..lol
    :beer

8. DGTCrazy

DGTCrazy Moderator de Emporio Staff Member

Get one of these~ :http://standback.net/

9. Guitarist4u36

Guitarist4u36 Member

10. cratz2

cratz2 Member

Yeah man... I could get on with that rig!

11. guitarrhinoceros

guitarrhinoceros Senior Member

Wow, you guys are great! This forum is very positive, at least most of the time. I'm glad I joined a month ago -- it was one of the better moves I've made in 2012 thus far. It is informative, and a great place to talk gear.

Your rig sounds fab. I can't wait to hear your videos showing it off!

BTW -- thanks for the suggestions with the tilt. I am going to try tilting my cab too. I have been cranking the volume like a crazy person. Your comments, Guitarist4u36, give me hope that I won't have to do that in the future. I was highly considering buying a 4x12 or 2x12 extension cab, which would totally defeat the purpose of lugging around a combo!

12. robertkoa

robertkoa Member

I like the 3 Pickup Tele- bet you're pulling all sorts of cool tones out of the Guitar itself even before the Rig.

Without starting a big debate -is a 3 pickup Tele more versatile than a Strat ?

I love the tones Andy Timmons gets from his Lonestar....if you are getting kind of stringier, but still warm by Tele Standards singing tones- would be real interesting to hear.

Congrats on loving your Rig and Tones.

Like I always say-Guitarists are usually way more ( over ) critical of their own tones so if a guy loves his own tones- it's GOT to be excellent, maybe great.

13. Guitarist4u36

Guitarist4u36 Member

Just a little advice if you try tilting your amp back. Be prepared to feel overwhelmed a little at first because you will hear things differently than you are used to. Your tone may appear brighter, less low end, ect...depending on various circumstances. For example, if you tilt it too much, you will hear the cone of the speaker directly and, depending on what type of a guitar you use, it could be like an ice pick in your ears and you might end up over-compensating by pulling all of your high end out and it will end up sounding like mud out front. So try to find a happy medium with the angle, location of the amp, where you stand, and such. Also, some amp stands raise the amp too high off the floor in my opinion...and it sucks ALL the bottom end out of the amp. That's why I like the vamp stand or something similar to that, because the amp is still low to the floor.

Again, these are my opinions....and we all know about opinions...lol :p

Just trying to give you some ideas to ponder.
    Good luck! :)

14. Guitarist4u36

Guitarist4u36 Member

I really like the 3 pickup teles. I've been playing them for years. In a normal setup, they would be pretty much like a strat....3 pickups, 5 way switch.

Mine are set up that way except I also have a toggle to kick in the back pickup, so I can get all configurations...strat and tele. Basically, 7-way switching.

The back pickup on a tele is different than the back pickup on a strat, of course..more mid-range to the tele pickup, so while the 'strat-quack' is still there, it's not quite as "straty" as a normal strat would sound....for lack of a better way to put it. It's a little warmer sound. But, I tend to play more of the traditional tele style...Brent Mason, Brad Paisley, etc. So it works great for me. And I have some 'quack' when I need it. The tele has a nice jazzy sound from the front pickup as well. Does great for be-bop stuff.

15. GuitarZan92

GuitarZan92 Member

Awesome rig!! I've been gassing for a Paisley drive for a long time.