Loving the Carb

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by kenoflife, Aug 17, 2008.

1. kenoflife

kenoflife Supporting Member

Haven't heard the Gaspedals Carb mentioned much lately - Jay is still selling them I assume?

But MAN, what a pedal with my Goodsell Super17 and either a tele or a 335-type guitar. Just the perfect boost on top of a clean set Klon, or into a Honeybee to cut it thru just right. I've been thru a lot of pedals but the Carb is definitely a mainstay. Doesn't add compression, just a certain kind of 'effervescent' clean gain.

Its never a mistake turning on or leaving on this pedal - I keep it set with the switch to the left and both dials about 11.

2. mprvise

mprvise Member

Yep, it's been on one of my boards since day one - great pedal! Stacks well too. Get the amp cookin' a bit and turn on the Carb - oh yeah!!!!

I've since purchased three other pedals from Jay and have pretty much decided I just need to buy anything he builds. The Carb ended the low gain OD search, and the Gasbender MKII ended the fuzz search.

3. I'm Incinerator

I'm Incinerator Supporting Member

The Carb is a great pedal. I enjoyed mine a lot when I had it. It definitely adds a little more something to your amp. I like Jay's pedals (I've owned the carb and the ChopShop Prototype), they are pretty straight foward and sound great.

4. kenoflife

kenoflife Supporting Member

I keep 'trying' to ditch mine in an effort to let go of some pedals - I mean I already have a BJF Comp on board as an early booster, a Klon at the end....etc.

But whenever I perform, that Carb proves to be one of my favorite pedals - probably even more than the BJF Honeybee OD as far as its use as a pinch hitter and for low gain OD

5. 12guitdown

12guitdown Member

Just got this one last month and feel fortunate to have found it. (Sorry for the phone pic, I didn't have my camera at hand) Perfect low/medium gain pedal. I love it.
    [​IMG]

6. Stressfest

Stressfest Supporting Member

IMHO the Carb is the definitive boutique pedal. None better at what it does.