Lovpedal Virbonaut (4 Knob Version)

PedalCrazyFool

Gold Supporting Member
Hi,

Sensitive issue here, wish it wasn't my first post.

I was a very fortunate guy this year. For Christmas & birthday (just 3 days apart) my family bought me guitar pedals, they're all I really wanted. Was given a Dispatch Master (wonderful sounding thing), TC Electronic Tri-Chorus (again, wonderful), an Alexander F-13 Flanger (freaky cool) and the Lovepedal Vibronaut.

My wife orchestrated all this within various family members, and overall she did great. Thing was, Lovepedal sent over an offer a week before Christmas, big discount on the Vibronaut. I hinted, sent it to her, and she heard. But when she went to order Lovepedal didn't have any. So she did what a great wife would do, she tried to find one on her own. Eventually hit Reverb.com, where, unfortunately, I think she got eaten alive.

She did 'find' one, but didn't really match up the 5 knob green version (seen in the Lovepedal email ad) to the one she wound up buying, and bought a 4 knob black/silver version, and paid a pretty hefty price, too - $180.00, I think.

So, it's unfortunately not the pedal I wanted, but it's the one she chose (I've been married for 30 years for a reason), and I was hoping not to have to return it. Thing is, after opening it I found that you can't see the trim pots, if this version even has them, like you can with the 5 knob (green) version.

That build up was all to ask this question:

Does anyone know if the black 4 knob version has the trim pots, and is it safe to pop the board out to find them (provided they're there)? I would call Lovepedal, but I figure folks here are way in the know, and maybe this is common knowledge already. I know the box is missing its 'deep throb', (the 'Bridge of Sighs' throb), and really would like to salvage her purchase.

Thanks in advance for your consideration!

Dave
Crystal Lake, IL.

lofibrian

Silver Supporting Member
The 4 knob version is a digital pedal that is an algorithm for extremely versatile vibe that sean came up with. No trim pots.

It is completely different to the analog photo cell 5 knob. Which has 2 trimmers I think..

PedalCrazyFool

Gold Supporting Member
Dang, so it is what it is, eh?

It just seems like it's missing a little something, but maybe I need to play around with it on different amps, I don't know.

Thanks...

tubekingsley

Hi,

I was a very fortunate guy this year. For Christmas & birthday (just 3 days apart) my family bought me guitar pedals, they're all I really wanted. Was given a Dispatch Master (wonderful sounding thing), TC Electronic Tri-Chorus (again, wonderful), an Alexander F-13 Flanger (freaky cool) and the Lovepedal Vibronaut.

My wife orchestrated all this within various family members, and overall she did great. Thing was, Lovepedal sent over an offer a week before Christmas, big discount on the Vibronaut. I hinted, sent it to her, and she heard. But when she went to order Lovepedal didn't have any. So she did what a great wife would do, she tried to find one on her own. Eventually hit Reverb.com, where, unfortunately, I think she got eaten alive.

She did 'find' one, but didn't really match up the 5 knob green version (seen in the Lovepedal email ad) to the one she wound up buying, and bought a 4 knob black/silver version, and paid a pretty hefty price, too - $180.00, I think.

So, it's unfortunately not the pedal I wanted, but it's the one she chose (I've been married for 30 years for a reason), and I was hoping not to have to return it. Thing is, after opening it I found that you can't see the trim pots, if this version even has them, like you can with the 5 knob (green) version.

Does anyone know if the black 4 knob version has the trim pots, and is it safe to pop the board out to find them (provided they're there)? I would call Lovepedal, but I figure folks here are way in the know, and maybe this is common knowledge already. I know the box is missing its 'deep throb', (the 'Bridge of Sighs' throb), and really would like to salvage her purchase.

Dave
Crystal Lake, IL.
If you have the option to return it, I would. You can just take all the blame, she should understand?

PedalCrazyFool

Gold Supporting Member
I could be wrong, but I don't think private sales on Reverb are real return friendly kosher, are they?

I did check with Lovepedal, and no, they can't do a swap up of any kind because she didn't get it from them.

I think I'm eating this one. Not that it's a lousy pedal, it really isn't, but you know how it is, you get your mind set on something...

coltonius

Señor Member
Silver Supporting Member
If you have the option to return it, I would. You can just take all the blame, she should understand?
I'm guessing not if it was a private seller, but you never know. He could be lucky!

Meanwhile, that guy is doing a real happy dance over someone biting his sale price..

tubekingsley

I'm guessing not if it was a private seller, but you never know. He could be lucky!

Meanwhile, that guy is doing a real happy dance over someone biting his sale price..
I'm not sure a private seller would have the guts to list a used one for $180, even on Reverb !!!

PedalCrazyFool

Gold Supporting Member
He said it "was used only once." I did see the closed listing.

Geez, what a frustrating thing this is!!!

bastian

Touching story! I'm really sorry for you and your wonderful wife.
As was already said, the Vibronaut V2 is a completely different unit, digital and no photocells or trimmers. A bit non transparent product line if you ask me, no wonder your wife got fooled here.
There reportedly are people who actually prefer the V2 over the V1, mostly because its easier to use. The V1 can be tricky to dial in. I thought the V1 would be the end of my Vibe search with all those knobs but it turned out I couldnt dial it in the way I wanted. Never had the V2 though.
Anyways, 180 would have been a good price for a used V1, but for the V2? Its even more than the new price. At least here overseas in europe its 119 NEW!
I think you will sell it, probably lose a few bucks, and forget about it... it's not the end of the world! Take your time to find another deal, maybe on the V1, or another vibe.

PedalCrazyFool

Gold Supporting Member
"A bit non transparent product line if you ask me, no wonder your wife got fooled here."

Yes, that's a very fair statement, for those not heavily involved there's just no way they'd know.

And yeah, time will pass, I'll get another, she won't even notice by then, right?

;^)

Thanks!

calfzilla

Cynical Hack
Hi,

Dave
Crystal Lake, IL.
Those emails will specify whether the pedals in question will show up on the regular Lovepedal site or if it's a flash sale on the Shopify site. Most of the emails are flash sales for the Shopify site. Just for future clarification.

PedalCrazyFool

Gold Supporting Member
Thanks. Lovepedal isn't making either of these right now, but they are going to do a new run of the 5 knob photocell boxes soon.

This one just got away, but maybe I should look at it as if it's a lot like the MXR unit? Come on, guys, give me the bright side here!

Hah!

tubekingsley

Thanks. Lovepedal isn't making either of these right now, but they are going to do a new run of the 5 knob photocell boxes soon.

This one just got away, but maybe I should look at it as if it's a lot like the MXR unit? Come on, guys, give me the bright side here!

Hah!
You have a cool wife, that's the bright side... When I first saw those 4 knobbers, I had no idea that they aren't photo cell- didn't find out til months later

PedalCrazyFool

Gold Supporting Member
Thanks!

You know, you just rattled my cranium there a bit. I'm going to sneak a look (again) on that Reverb page she has on her iPhone tonight, see if the guy advertised it as a photocell unit, or what he said about it.

I think you're right, most folks are thinking that's photocell driven, I sure did.

straightblues

Play with it and if you don't like it sell it and find a different pedal you like better. Everyone in pedals does this. I go through 25 a year or so and keep just 10. No big deal. It is part of the game. You will lose a little on this sale, so make it up on the next thing you buy. Try to buy used at a good price and you want lose anything when you want to sell something. I have the 5 knob version of the Vibronaut and I really love it. Lots of people like the 4 knob version the best. You will not have a problem selling it.

Lovepedal sales pedals made in small runs. They come and go. Check out this thread for Lovepedal talk. https://www.thegearpage.net/board/i...the-red-dress.1610795/page-2405#post-23249772

Trending Topics

Top Bottom