• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Low gain/dirty boost for Dumble type amp

bigben55

I have a Glaswerks Zingaro 50. I love its clean tone, love it's overdrive tone, even love it's boosted overdrive tone. It has the built in EQ lift boost. But on the clean channel, hitting this boost jumps the volume up too much. The OD channel doesn't have this problem, just the clean side. So I need a pedal.....What EQ/tonally, works best with a ODS/Dumble type amp?

Tube Screamer type?
Transparent/Timmy type?
Klon type?
Other?

My only stipulation is that I don't want a one knob pedal.

bigben55

I've never had a Dumble type amp before. I see lots of threads on Dumble amps and Dumble inspired pedals. I would think one doesn't need a Dumble pedal to make a Dumble style amp sound like a Dumble! But what do I know, they may be perfect for each other. My experience was Marshall in a box drive into a Marshall half stack was not great.

Tonally, I don't find the amp cleans drastically different than the 1966 Super Reverb I once had(I used to dime the mids on the SR) but the amp FEELS different, is different. I put my trusty old FD2 in front of it and it was good, not amazing like it is/was with the Super. So, yeah, I'm not thinking Tube Screamer either.

joealba

Silver Supporting Member
Prince of Tone. It’s my new Swiss army knife. Into an MVP23 (claims to be Dumble flavored), it is just magic — and it handles other boosts in front better and less noisy than any other dirt pedal I have tried.

Top Bottom