Low Gain Od

erik smith

looking for a low gain overdrive or boost. i dont want any mid bump or compression. also like it to be able to dial in alot of presence or brightness
when i need to.

Last Nerve

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart.
Gold Supporting Member
Bob McBroom made a limited edition "Slow Burn" pedal, which I picked up awhile back. I THINK he still has some left. Amazing low gain OD sounds and a VERY useable TONE knob with alot of range. Good price too! Well worth checking out while these are still under the radar!

http://www.musicgearsource.com/slowburn.html

jcshirke

Suggestions, based on what other people here have said:

Tim pedal, Zendrive, Eternity. I own none of them, but I'm interested in *all* of them. ;)

Analogman KOT (King of Tone) could be another good option. I'm on the wait list for one, so, again, I can't tell you how it works in my rig.

Any number of clean boost pedals that offer varying amounts of OD: Fat Boost, SHO, etc.

Hope that gives you some more to go on.

Unburst

If you want more boost than O/D then the RC booster will do what you want, active eq will dial in plenty of brightness.

Tim for more of an O/D.

rawkguitarist

Please do yourself a favor, buy a Lovepedal Eternity. Replace the "Fat" chip with the "Hot" chip. I cannot stress to you how frikkin cool this pedal is. I had to buy a second one cause I love it so much! (only pedal I have 2 of) Does exactly what you describe, with the "Hot" chip will do a real loud boost and the treble boost is so dang musical it's sick... Oh and the OD, smooth and uncompressed. It's a peice of art, man...

Sorry about the goo-goo, love fest, it's all true though.:hiP

slowburn

the eternity is a great pedal; I just picked one up. however, I would not categorize it as low gain. I'd say it's medium to medium/high gain. and I love the fat chip.

muddy

i'm surprised no one has suggested the bjf honey bee! it IS a low gain od with an excellent tone knob! i JUST got mine, and i am really diggin' it in a big way. it's highly responsive to pick attack. it serves up more bite & gain when you dig in. even a bit of sag! it also has a real talent for blending with other od's. i cn't get enough of it! it's definitely a keeper.

ml

rawkguitarist

Slowburn, with the treble boost and volume cranked, gain set at lowest setting, it's pretty low gain with major boost, not clean though. But yest it will do more gain than most "Overdrives".

R

rclemmer

+1 for the Z.VEX Super Hard On. An amazing pedal. Use it in alone or in conjunction with a Klon or other OD/Boost for even more goodness. For a very different tone, it also works well in front of my OCD.

muddy

i also agree with the eternity suggestion, even if it is a mid to higher gained od. and that's because it actually sounds great with the drive backed off to low gain. not all od's are good at doing double duty like the eternity is. excellent choice.

ml

Trending Topics