Low gain overdrive suggestions/ryra klone buffer question

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Stratsmyboy, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Stratsmyboy

Stratsmyboy Member

Looking for a low gain overdrive to run into my imperial mkii clean channel. The amps quite new to me so im trying to be careful before i pull the trigger on anything but looking at the ryra klone today ..... i figured even if it doesnt make the grade as a stand alone od itll be good as a boost when i do get round to an od im happy with. I was worried about it not being true bypass as i doubt it'd be an always on pedal.
    Any other suggestions for a low gain overdrive, fairly bright/sparkly/loose throaty/gritty for blues?
    Sounds i like, mayer blues, brent mason, landau blues, scott henderson blues, srv lenny/tin pan alley.
    Home tonez.
    Was looking at pedals ive liked before but in the dark with this style amp. I know people often say the mkiis bright but i dont find that and i do like bright od.
    I also love the strat od sound on the below at around 3.50 but alas couldnt use the cot50 with my last amp due to the volume jump, i like a nice spanky clean as an option so unless i could run the cot 50 through the lead channel i dont think its an option ......

2. 6789

6789 Member

A pedal with the klon centaur buffer is my favorite always-off pedal.

Stratsmyboy and Vaibhav Joshi like this.
  3. saladin

saladin Supporting Member

Barber LTD or Gain Changer

Vaibhav Joshi and loudguitars56 like this.
  4. mrpinter

mrpinter Supporting Member

Subdecay Liquid Sunshine is a low-medium overdrive that I think might meet your requirements. I love mine. Here's a link to a demo.

Stratsmyboy and Tabor like this.