Low-Gain Small Footprint Overdrive Pedal Suggestions

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by dawgtired, Jan 15, 2015.

1. dawgtired

dawgtired Member

So I'm building a mini-board. On my main board, I use a Barber 1/2 Gainer and absolutely love the voicing. It's more of my guitar/amp without any mid-hump or coloration.

I know Barber has the smaller footprint Gain changer that would give me the same voicing, but I'm wanting something in an even smaller footprint. Something built in a 1590A enclosure.

Obviously Barber doesn't have anything with that small of a footprint. But my question is what would get me close? I'm not opposed to going with Mooer or the like - but I'm not sure which of those pedals would get me in the ballpark of the LTD SR voicing I love ... maybe the Blues Crab?

What suggestions are out there in TGP land? A flat-mid, low gain, 1590A enclosure overdrive pedal - that's what I'm after.

2. MogwaiBoy

MogwaiBoy Member

3. NakedInTheRain

NakedInTheRain Member

4. jazzfromhell

jazzfromhell Member

Wrote a lengthy reply and then hit the wrong button :(
    In short: yes, get the Blues Crab. It has the same kind of smooth drive as the LTD.

5. dawgtired

dawgtired Member

Thanks for the suggestions! Anyone else have suggestions? I'm leaning toward the blues crab I think.