Low, Med and High Gain Pedals for Marshall Bluesbreaker RI

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by bastet, Mar 24, 2008.

1. bastet

bastet Member

Any suggestions for Low, Med and High Gain Pedals for Marshall Bluesbreaker RI would be really appreciated. Amp is mostly played at apartment levels - crazy I know. Les Pauls and Strats

Currently have a Fulltone OCD V3 (don't really care for it), Subdecay F Bomb Fuzz (cool but not for everything) and a Boss Metalzone (get's me by).

Price from 0-$200 range would be great. If they can be found at a local Guitar Center would be cool but not necessary.

Or a good pre-amp (I guess)

Thanks in advance

2. Strat58

Strat58 Member

HI I had and used live the MI Audio Blue boy together with the crunch box and Blues Pro, I had low,medium and high gain. Now I have some custom builds OD (a TS9 clone with treble boost). I have also a Marshall Bluesbreaker Reissue and play with strats and les pauls
    Peace Strat58

3. justonwo

justonwo Member

I really like the Mentatone KOTB as an all around overdrive/distortion. The the presence, full EQ, and boost, it's quite versatile.

4. bastet

bastet Member

MI Audio Tube Zone, Crunch Box, Visual Sounds Jekyll and Hyde, Marshall Gov'nor 2, Tech 21 SansAmp GT2 - anybody?

5. re-animator

re-animator Senior Member

I would use a zvex box of rock for low and mid gain tones for sure.... through in a germanium treble boost like an analogman beano and you're set for everything but metal.

Run the BoR at light gain and kick on the treble booster for mid-gain stuff.

I might try a subdecay blackstar for metal.

6. 767400

767400 Member

I have a Marshall Bluesbreaker Reissue also. Although I did multiple modifications to the amp I really like and use a Dr Z Airbrake. It allows me to run my amp between volumes of 4 and 6 at an apartment level volume and let the tubes do the job they were cut out to do.

They are priced around $300 and you will also need two speaker wires to loop from the amp to the Air break then to the speakers, and a female to female adapter.

Check it out: http://www.drzamps.com/airbrake.html