Low to medium gain OD for blackface amps..

edwardz

Looking at the Snouse BlackBox 2 and Rockett Blue Note. I've had the original versions of both and sold them. Not happy that Rockett left the hot switch off the Tour Series Blue Note.

Any other suggestions? Not interested in anything TS-flavored. They're too middy and compressed for my tastes.

Thanks!

Ro S

as you dont want anything TS...

On the BlackBox 2 / Bluesbreaker theme, a VFE Blues KIng (v2 or v3).

Nobels ODR1? / Visual Sound Open Road / left side of Truetone VSXO

Boss BD2

gavinashun

Silver Supporting Member
There are dozens of threads, many with dozens of pages, on this exact topic. There were 2 threads on this topic in the last 2 weeks. Search is your friend. That said: Blue Note, Greer Lightspeed, Kingsley Harlot/Minstrel can do everything including low gain, Jetter Helium is a more obscure pedal that is awesome for low gain and works great in to BF type, the higher gain Xotic RC's would work, a Klone could work .... lots of options.

Mike R.

Looking at the Snouse BlackBox 2 and Rockett Blue Note. I've had the original versions of both and sold them. Not happy that Rockett left the hot switch off the Tour Series Blue Note.

Any other suggestions? Not interested in anything TS-flavored. They're too middy and compressed for my tastes.

Thanks!

I have owned both. I kept the SNOUSE. The Blue Note was good, but I preferred the SNOUSE. I also own the Barber Gain Changer which can dial in a nice low OD tone.

jamester

Gold Supporting Member
The Blue Note is very TS to my ears, just with much lower gain and the mids shifted lower to prevent honkiness, unlike the Snouse which is BB style (more lows, less mids)..

edwardz

Would an OCD be to ts9 ish?
I have an OCD V 1.7. Does mid okay but looking for for another flavor that excels at low and mid.

All good suggestions. Had a Keeley-modded Blues Driver. That was too bright and gritty. Going to check out the Kingsley, Greer and Barber pedals.

Thanks again!

Fretlessbaby

There are dozens of threads, many with dozens of pages, on this exact topic. There were 2 threads on this topic in the last 2 weeks. Search is your friend. That said: Blue Note, Greer Lightspeed, Kingsley Harlot/Minstrel can do everything including low gain, Jetter Helium is a more obscure pedal that is awesome for low gain and works great in to BF type, the higher gain Xotic RC's would work, a Klone could work .... lots of options.
+1 on the Jetter Helium. All of the Jetter pedals are awesome & too often overlooked.

Trending Topics