• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Lower prices on Marshall Silver Jubilee

Leonc

Wild Gear Herder
Platinum Supporting Member
Yeah..I think the last time I bought a new amp was about 2005 (Orange Rockerverb...sold in about 2010...)

finnster

Silver Supporting Member
Whats the best price you guys have seen on the Jube 2x12? I cant seem to find any under $899.

stamminen21

Head arrived safe and sound. Bias was set at 73-74mv. Just gave it a quick hour jam session on the 50w low output mode into a open backed single v30.

Talk about dynamic...I feel the 50w setting was very bassy, had it eq'd down to about 3. The sweep range on all the eq's is impressive. All my knobs have a very solid feel to them, only the two push/pull pots are looser.

Comparing it to the DSL 50 first impressions are it is clearer. Notes ring cleaner. I do have to say though is it's tough to balance the 2 channel volumes. Input gain at around 5-6 requires the lead master to be around 6-7 to get unity or above volume. Rythym clip mode is very comparable to green crunch on the DSL. Maybe a touch more bass. It's to bad that the rythym clip has a volume drop.

Like others have said as well the master volume sweep is great. The volume is usable in a bedroom up to about 6.5-7 then it quickly becomes loud!

Definitely gotta say it looks like a very well built
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9eTM5c14K1AWDJ2ZE1KZlVwOUk

Last edited:

Rick Lee

What kind of plate voltage are you guys getting on the 100w head? Mine arrives tomorrow, and I'd like to check the bias once it's warmed up. Is 70% dissipation the max on these?

krimson

What kind of plate voltage are you guys getting on the 100w head? Mine arrives tomorrow, and I'd like to check the bias once it's warmed up. Is 70% dissipation the max on these?
Mine was about around 62 when I got it. I dialed it up to 73-74. I think the chart on the amp recommended around 70.

Last edited:

eigentone

Gold Supporting Member
Mine was about around 62 when I got it. I set up dialed it up to 73-74. I think the chart on the amp recommended around 70.
IIRC, 70 is recommended, 60 is Min, and 80 is Max for EL34s.

Funny you say yours was 62. That's what I have been using. I originally bumped it up a little from factory then toned it back to 62.

I think the reason for this setting is variety and because the Jensen Blackbird is kinda 'loose and smooth with a high power rating'. I have several amps. Several are tube rectified. For me, the SJ is a relative modern/heavy amp and I wanted a feel that was on the tight side.

Feel free to ask me if I loosened it up in the future. It will probably take a few more weeks for my cab to arrive.

It seems a lot of people like it between 70 and 75.

stamminen21

I dropped mine to 72 for starters as i've seen the same. People like 70-75.

I feel i'm in the minority as well to as i find i kind of like the rhythm clip! I find if you roll the input gain back to 4 you get a very ACDC tone for chords and then balance the Lead master for solo boosts.

megaboogie

I feel i'm in the minority as well to as i find i kind of like the rhythm clip! I find if you roll the input gain back to 4 you get a very ACDC tone for chords and then balance the Lead master for solo boosts.
You are not alone. I love rhythm clip myself for tasty crunch tone with less saturation.

Alward

The plate voltage on mine was 480 as tested by a tech I had look at it. I biased it at 70% Plate dissipation which came out to 73 mv per side.

Hefalump

Did a one minute bit for a commercial project, but it is the jube through the bassbreaker again. Just Drums two guitars and bass.
Basic, but ripping amp. Fun amp.

Sweet, what are the settings for that? And I assume 100 watt mode?

goddot

Got mine tonight.. instant def leppard armageddon it right out of the box. Bigger transformers than the DSL for sure.. well built I think, sounds great. I have not been able to crank it yet... that will be the true test for me. I honestly cant distinguish any difference in tone from my old slash head.
Only problem is mine has a blue dye mark running down the side of the silver tolex.. tried to clean it with dish soap but its not working. I sent a pic of the blemish to rocky. I will get a recording into my iphone soon. All in all, I'm very pleased with this purchase.

Alward

It's funny that the tech who tested my amp measured 480 volts at the plate. He went on to bias it at 76 mv per side. That's more than. 70% dissipation. Not sure why he did that

joolzriff

I recently purchased my old black 2555 from 1988 back from a friend after a 15 departure-- in that time I've owned a SLO,XTC,Wizard blah blah blah ect - all top class stuff - hands down this 2555 is killing it - cant believe I sold it previously--through a bogner greenback 4x12 it's doin it ! Unplugged my pedalboard completely- amp sounded so good without fx --- may jus do a WAH,OD,tuner board

Trending Topics

Top Bottom