Lowest Wattage 1U Power Amplifier

What is the lowest power amplifier out there? I want to have the option to power a cab with my Helix, but I've got a 1x12 with a vintage vox silverbell in it that's either 15 or 25 watts. I'd really like to not blow my personal holy grail speaker lol.

Gone Fission

Did Boogie drop the 20/20? After Marshall dropped their stereo EL-84 power amp (which I gather had reliability issues), that seems to have been the last low wattage tube power amp and 1u tube power amp.

hiveheart

Did Boogie drop the 20/20? After Marshall dropped their stereo EL-84 power amp (which I gather had reliability issues), that seems to have been the last low wattage tube power amp and 1u tube power amp.

This. Find a used Mesa 20/20. Just be sure not to crank it too much or for too long. Even with a matched value (20 speaker/20 power amp), you can still blow the speaker.

kdc113

Marshall 8004 is 40 watts per channel. Also de EHX Magnum 22 would be your best choice.

Geetarpicker

I'll second the Crown D45. I find the D45/D75 amps to be more transparent then the Magnums which I've also owned. On the D45 you could also just run one channel to reduce power even more, though you can also reset an internal jumper to run bridged mono. Point is there are some variable wattages available depending on how you set it up. Great quality in the old Crown power amps.

Last edited:

Trending Topics

Top Bottom