LP Copy

dolecekj

So I just ordered a Les Paul Standard Copy from Rondo Music. It appears to have all the hardware comparable to Les Pauls, it looks like it anyway but you just never know....this is the hard part i hate to mention...it was on sale for $100 but I'm told guitars from Rondo Music are worth so much more....did I just waste my money or did I get a good guitar.....the only possible down side that I could see was that it is made out of basswood. I do not know anything about basswood I saw on google some people say it sounds good and that fenders are made out of basswood.....so tell me did i buy a good guitar or did i buy junk? is it a good guitar or should i send it back? what do you guys think?

muzishun

Hold out judgment. Don't listen to internet.

For a hun it's a no-brainer. And I like basswood. It's as good as any.

Check out the tones, dial in the setup, change the strings and evaluate. At that point I would think pickups (if worthy).

dolecekj

Right now I have a Starcaster so it can only be an improvement and the guitar I ordered has a set rosewood neck so it should feel great5 right?also getting an amp either a peave6y vypyr or an orange crush ya i play hard rock...orange has the quality but does it have the gain? i'm looking at5 the crush20...what do you think?

cap10kirk

also getting an amp either a peave6y vypyr or an orange crush ya i play hard rock...orange has the quality but does it have the gain? i'm looking at5 the crush20...what do you think?

You should really try them out, see which one, if either, works for you. I have a Crush 20, and it's ok. A big complaint I have with it is the single 8" speaker, I'd rather have 10" or 12" speakers, and it doesn't work well live for me. I haven't used the Crush in months though, I got a Tiny Terror and a 2x12 cab, and the Crush just isn't as good as the TT. The Crush is ok if you're only going to be playing guitar in your bedroom. I would much rather have a Crush than a Peavey though, I wasn't too impressed with the Peavey I tried out.

DustyRhodesJr

Hold out judgment. Don't listen to internet.

For a hun it's a no-brainer. And I like basswood. It's as good as any.

Check out the tones, dial in the setup, change the strings and evaluate. At that point I would think pickups (if worthy).

Key phrase right there.

OP got a steal.

bgmacaw

Is this the Hadean EG-530 Wine Red model?

Basswood isn't a typical wood used in LP type guitars but it is relatively common in low to mid priced Fender style guitars. Some people associate it with poor quality but that's not necessarily the case.

Rondo guitars are usually good and they have good customer service if you encounter a serious problem and need to return it. I've got 4 of their SX guitars and I've been happy with them. Let us know how the Hadean is for you.

dubdub

Wow setneck for 100, if i didnt want a tele right now i would probably bite on that. Could you post a video of it once it arrives? Im interested in what it sounds like.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom