lp, fender what next?

neastguy

well I have a lp custom and a fender strat....and bout' $900 to spend, what guitar should I get next? I'm thinking either a Tele or a HSS style guitar...what are your thoughts...?

xroads

Depending on what kind of music you play,
and assuming you want to stick to the classic designs,
I would vote for a semi-hollow ES335 style
or Tele-style guitar.

HHB

tele, tele tele! Neastguy, are you the cat w/ the Zep medley? You NEED a tele, rosewoodboard, alder body, dragon pic optional LOL

Originally posted by -kk-
my vote would be for something with P90 or filtertrons
+1

Gretsch has a flavor you cant get from your Paul or Strat.

neastguy

Originally posted by HHB
tele, tele tele! Neastguy, are you the cat w/ the Zep medley? You NEED a tele, rosewoodboard, alder body, dragon pic optional LOL [/QUOTE

yep I'm the zep medley dude,, I've always wanted a tele, but the custom slingshot is catching my eye again.....

cvansickle

Gold Supporting Member
Toss up between a Tele or a LP Junior/Special. The twang of a Tele and the fiesty roar of P90s will round out your tone pallette. I've got the first three myself, so soon I will complete the set with a Tele of my own.

joolzriff

i am in that situaion,i have a lespaul(beefy humbucker guitar) and i have a strat(single coil tones)...
if i am to buy another guitar i think it would have to be a tone i cant get out of either....
maybe something w/ P90's would be a good investment......
though i did play a friends gibson victory the other day and that is a lespaul and a strat in one deal(awsome guitar)

TimH

Silver Supporting Member
tele...may have single coils but it's an utterly different guitars.

neastguy

i think Ive decided to try either a bound telecaster deluxe or a custom slingshot.......the slingshot is tempting me, but I've always wanted a telecaster....

neastguy

the only thing I dont like about the 52RI (although I havent played one yet) and I know this is petty but are they all just plain wood finish....I kinda wanted to get a burst if its gonna be a tele...

B Vance

Originally posted by neastguy
the only thing I dont like about the 52RI (although I havent played one yet) and I know this is petty but are they all just plain wood finish....I kinda wanted to get a burst if its gonna be a tele...
You can talk an american standard tele down to around $800 probably. Not sure if you could do it with a sunburst though. I think that my vintage white tele 52 is just as sweet looking as my 3 color sunburst american standard strat. To each his own though.

sundaypunch

If you are looking to be as diverse as possible I'd recommend a Gretsch or Rickenbacker. You can't go wrong with a Tele or Junior as well. If I had to limit myself to a diverse set of 6 electrics this would be my list (in no particular order)-

-Strat
-Tele
-Les Paul
-Gretsch 6120
-Rickenbacker 360 (maybe even a 12 string)
-LP Junior

neastguy

Originally posted by sundaypunch
If you are looking to be as diverse as possible I'd recommend a Gretsch or Rickenbacker. You can't go wrong with a Tele or Junior as well. If I had to limit myself to a diverse set of 6 electrics this would be my list (in no particular order)-

-Strat
-Tele
-Les Paul
-Gretsch 6120
-Rickenbacker 360 (maybe even a 12 string)
-LP Junior
no love for the custom slingshot?

Trending Topics