LP R9 Brazilian question...

Nuclearfishin

Silver Supporting Member
Do you guys know if all 2003 R9's came with a Brazilian fretboard or if there were only a certain number of them with the BRW fretboard? I tried registering at the LP forum to ask but the admin seems to never approve new members. I've searched the archives and can't seem to find an answer. There's a huge price-swing in what R9's go for from that year and I'm wondering what might cause it.

Thanks!

Trebor Renkluaf

I was hit by a parked car, what's your excuse?
Do you guys know if all 2003 R9's came with a Brazilian fretboard or if there were only a certain number of them with the BRW fretboard? I tried registering at the LP forum to ask but the admin seems to never approve new members. I've searched the archives and can't seem to find an answer. There's a huge price-swing in what R9's go for from that year and I'm wondering what might cause it.

Thanks!
They're used to be a forum on the Gibson website where you could post your serial number and the moderator could tell you if your guitar had a BRW fingerboard or not. You might check over there and see if the forum is still running. I think it was off of the custom shop link.

The Captain

About half the 2003 run had Braz boards.
I can't remember the numbers. Everyone has the same hassle when registering on the LPF site. I know I did.
The biggest thing to affect the price of R9's is the top.
I paid a crapload for mine as they both have monster tops.

FredW

I had an 03 Braz Murphy with an insane top and it was the biggest dog of a les paul! It was totally dead sounding. I was lucky to get what I paid for it (which was way too much).

Woozy

I tried registering at the LP forum to ask but the admin seems to never approve new members.

I had the same problem...
It occured to me that I'd registered Oct. '08 and never got in.

Email Lily the admin.
They had some spam problems, so I think some registrations slipped through the cracks.

BluesForDan

Silver Supporting Member
you can not register with a yahoo email, there was another one but I forgot which one.

re: Brazilian. Henry J killed the program early in the year, the last brazilian were built by May 31. All the rest of the 2003 year's production was non-brazilian.

Serial 9 3674 was the last R9 made with brazilian in 2003.
Serial 8 3256 was the last R8 "
Serial 7 3707 was the last R7 "

I had 7 brazilians during 2003 and 2004. The only guitars that I either broke even when I sold or even make a little money. If I had held onto them for 4 or 5 years ... :thud

Robertito

Re: LPF - They won't allow anyone to register with a free email, i.e., Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, etc. This was explained to me (not very politely) by "Lily" after a couple of years of trying to get an explanation for my not being approved.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom