• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

LP Traditional Opinions

Bottle_Rocket

What is the general consensus on the LP Traditional.

Not so interested in a flashy top. The Gold top works for me, I am interested in how people think they sound and the quality. Been playing the same AM Vintage '57 Strat for the past 20 years almost exclusivly.

Have an Agile LP copy but been gassing for a Gibson.

XKnight

I played a few when they first came out and was impressed. A solid LP for a reasonable price, especially when they are on sale. That being a said, I'd still prefer a used Historic/Reissue to a new Traditional.

Demioblue

Silver Supporting Member
I'll bite... I'd like a traditional... Those specs look good, and if you find a winner, all the better!

Just picked up a Les Paul Traditional Plus about a week ago. I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

I also own an Am Deluxe Strat, I think you will find the two guitars complement each other very well. The Strat does its thing well, the LP does its thing well. The bottom picture shows the true colour a lot better.

So new the "PLEKD" sticker is still on the pickup!

keith_t4e

I have desert burst. I love mine. Classic 57+ and 57 are great in a paul. I like that it isn't chambered. The neck is a nice fit. The top is great. It is beter than the standards they have been making since 02.

Bottle_Rocket

I played a few when they first came out and was impressed. A solid LP for a reasonable price, especially when they are on sale. That being a said, I'd still prefer a used Historic/Reissue to a new Traditional.
You think I can get a used Historic '59 for 2200 bucks?

I dig the gold top so the flame is not a real factor.

Bottle_Rocket

I have desert burst. I love mine. Classic 57+ and 57 are great in a paul. I like that it isn't chambered. The neck is a nice fit. The top is great. It is beter than the standards they have been making since 02.
How heavy is it?
I used to own a '71 Custom and it way heavy. By the end of the night my sholder hurt. Not that important now a days as I dont get to play out much any more.

I just may have to poull the trigger on this when I find one on sale or a clean used one.

stratman89

Silver Supporting Member
I just returned a Gold Top after a months rental................my brand new Gold Top should be here in a day or two.
I'm really liking the '57's.

GCDEF

Silver Supporting Member
Best LP I've ever owned. Pretty heavy, but sounds great and plays really well. Looks like it was made 50 years ago and was kept in a museum vault. Great vibe to it.

Bottle_Rocket

rquote=Flinto2002;5773874]they do have the swiss cheese weight relief though[/quote]
That is what I was reffering to when I said chambered. Sorry if I used the wrong term.

Guess I will have to go check it out. I am looking for a basic LP Standard and this seems like it has all the required elements.

Seems as though people who own one seem to like it. Probably have to sell some gear to get the scratch. I pretty new here is there a particular forum to use to sell stuff.

Thanks to everyone for your gracious replies.

GCDEF

Silver Supporting Member
How heavy is it?
I used to own a '71 Custom and it way heavy. By the end of the night my sholder hurt. Not that important now a days as I dont get to play out much any more.

I just may have to poull the trigger on this when I find one on sale or a clean used one.
Mine's 9.35 pounds. On a long gig, you notice it. I do anyway.

GCDEF

Silver Supporting Member
Seems as though people who own one seem to like it. Probably have to sell some gear to get the scratch. I pretty new here is there a particular forum to use to sell stuff.

Thanks to everyone for your gracious replies.
There are "emporium" forums here, but you need to be a paying member to list on them. Harmony Central has free classifieds.

dondoucette

Love my Trad and from what I gather you have to selective when buying one, some are not as good as others. They are in fact weight relieved but it has no noticeable affect on my tone or sustain that I can tell.

Don