1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

LSL T-bone - Neck shape/size variation.

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by R_S_G_7, May 22, 2011.

1. R_S_G_7

R_S_G_7 Member

Is there much variation in neck size on these guitars? I have no way of trying one out so i wouldn't mind some info from people that have a played a few.

Is the a tele in fenders line up that would be closest to its shape and size as a reference?

Cheers.

2. LsL_Rich

LsL_Rich Member

they custom shape necks per request, so if you liked a paticular shape, you can call or email them for details.

3. R_S_G_7

R_S_G_7 Member

tried emailing twice. No response.

4. LsL_Rich

LsL_Rich Member

5. R_S_G_7

R_S_G_7 Member

6. 57junior

57junior Member

I have a t-bone.... my neck is BIG, which i love. I played two more the other day with considerably smaller necks. I think it depends on what year you want your tele to be after. for instance, a butterscotch black guard tele would usually have a bigger neck than say, a shell pink one. make sense? Your best bet is to just get your hands on a few of em. They're FANTASTIC! mine is a 9.5 radius stainless fret, and i've never played a tele that played better. I'm thinkin about selling my nash strat to get a saticoy.

7. Guitar Whiskey

Guitar Whiskey Member

I've played several T-Bones and own a blonde with white pickguard (Golda). I'd go along with 57Jr's take on them. The butterscotch/black guards were a bit bigger. Mine looks like a '58 and I would describe it as a medium size C shape. Perfect for what I wanted. I've never played a rosewood board T-Bone; only a rosewood board Saticoy which I had the neck carved to my request. It's a 60's C shape with the lowered apex finger board edges profile.

8. scottguitar

scottguitar Gold Supporting Member

I am receiving my T Bone on Wednesday, I'm super stoked to receive it. When ordering the guitar I was told they have an early 50s shape which is a big "U" shape and a mid 50s shape that was based on an actually 55 Tele. They also have a couple 60s shape. I ordered mine with the 55 shape. I could have custom ordered a shape if I wanted to but they said the 55 shape was fantastic so I went with it. I'll report back when I play it and let you know what it feels like. I

9. mudster

mudster High Prairie Wrangler Silver Supporting Member

I think the current production varies less than the earlier models.If you asked them about it a year or two back, Lance might say "It depends on our mood." You can request a larger or smaller neck at the time of order. You can even provide the caliper measurements from the 1st and 12th fret and ask them to match.

10. 57junior

57junior Member

I dont guess I've played a "U" neck... Mine is just as big if not bigger than a CS nocaster, but i wouldnt describe it as a U... i'd call it a huge C.

11. scottguitar

scottguitar Gold Supporting Member

I received my T Bone yesterday. Amazing! Their 55 neck shape is fantactic....very, very slight hint of a "v" in the first few frets and tapers to a nice "C". For me I would consider the Fender CS Nocaster "U" shape as fitting right between a C and U shape (a rounded U shape?). It doesn't have a large flat spot on the back but there is definitely a flat spot there.

12. thesjkexperienc

thesjkexperienc ^^^ I made this guitar^^^ Supporting Member

Scottguitar, do you have a way to measure the front to back thickness? Also, what nut width did you get?

Mine is an 08/09 T-Bone SA in butterscotch with the 1" U neck. Love it, but am thinking of some day ordering a Saticoy with a soft V, but would like to be around .9" at the nut.