LSL Vs Nash USED MARKET

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Rick57, May 3, 2015.

1. Rick57

Rick57 Member

I found 2 LSL Strats and 3 Nash Strats all used. Roughly 5 guitars all in the same price range used.

Since I can't try them out I am curious which way to go. I see posts with people raving about LSL's and Nash's. I just notice there seems to be way more people buying new Nash Guitars.

I spoke with 2 Dealers that both said Nash way out sells LSL. But they both seemed to feel it was the $500.00-$700.00 Higher Price difference when New.

I see reports that Nash are hit and miss. LSL's are all good. Given I'm at the same $$$ Point in the used arena . Is LSL a better choice?

Someone who has own both would be a great help to me. Thinking Strictly play ability.

2. stormtrooper

stormtrooper Member

3. Rick57

Rick57 Member

what do you mean? Headstock?

4. stormtrooper

stormtrooper Member

nash has the proper headstock

5. korby

korby Member

I've sold both for about the same price . LSL is not a partscaster like the Nash and is worth more but doesn't have the name recognition .

6. Dana Olsen

Dana Olsen Gold Supporting Member

If I couldn't try them first, I'd vote LSL every time. As Korby wrote above, LSL's are not a partscaster. Lonnie at LSL has records of every guitar they've made. If you were to call him and read the serial number/ name, he could quickly look it up in their database and tell you all about it. LSL stands behind their work too - I'm sure Nash also stands behind their work, but I'm trying to agree with Korby that LSL's are a higher end product, at least initially, in the market than Nash is. In the used market prices seem to be similar.

I've played a few excellent Nash guitars, but I've liked nearly every LSL I've played.

Thanks, Dana O.

7. jiml

jiml Supporting Member

Played a few LSLs, each was really sweet. Owned one for a bit too. They are very vintage, smaller frets, rounder fretboard, tamer pickups. My buddy had a Verhayen model that had an amazing neck

8. Bogner

Bogner Member

I would go LSL 100 times out of 100 blind. I would imagine that an in hand analysis would yield almost the same percentage. LSL makes a great guitar and as stated prior, they are not partscaster's.

9. Kelsey

Kelsey Member

I haven't played a Nash, but I own an LSL and have played several others. I'd love to own a second LSL, or a third, or a...

10. televisual

televisual Supporting Member

I've owned both, some Nash are hit or miss IMO. The LSL is built well but don't have the same name recognition that Nash do. As mentioned, the LSL pickups were a bit warmer than I anticipated, not as twangy as typical telecaster pickups.

I traded LSL to get into a Sampson era Matchless so there's that...I still have the Nash.

11. Seegs

Seegs Member

I've played many LsLs and even owned a tele...

It's one of the few brands that I would buy sight unseen...

12. Rango

Rango Supporting Member

Nash has Lollar Pup's in it that I like, so that would get the nod for me. ;)

13. Rick57

Rick57 Member

Sounds like LSL and maybe swap out the Pups for something hotter .

14. Dana Olsen

Dana Olsen Gold Supporting Member

I personally think LSL pickups are excellent - they're one of my favorite things about LSL.

They're mostly vintage style pickups - medium output. If you need hotter p/u's there are choices out there, but I think the stock LSL pickups are excellent.

Thanks, Dana O.

rwijaya likes this.
  15. Kelsey

Kelsey Member

16. sulrichs

sulrichs Member

I own both currently. Very different instruments. The Nash is Ash/maple board with Lollar Special in bridge and vintage in the neck, 9.5 radius. The LsL is pine with rosewood board, 7.5 radius and the stock pickups (slightly hotter bridge, but nowhere close to the special), which as pointed out are very vintage sounding, clear and relatively underwound. LSL is all built in house and the quality and feel is superb. I like the Nash, its a good guitar, has some mojo and it plays and sounds good, but I love the LSL and resell value aside, its a better playing and more authentic Tele sounding guitar.

17. JKjr

JKjr Member

I went looking specifically for a Nash S-type after playing a friends. Their local dealer (now defunct) had a bunch on the wall, and I tried 'em all. Very nice guitars for the most part. But when I was steered towards an LsL (Goldie on youtube) it was all over. The video doesn't do the guitar justice. It's a monster.

I will admit to being a boutique pickup Ho. I buy great guitars and put great pickups in them, and Lollars are amoung my favorites. The LsL pickups have a tad less harmonic content than any Lollar set I have, but are pretty darn good and very vintage sounding...I haven't felt the need to change, and that's rare for me.

18. MikeyB59

MikeyB59 Member

Love my LSL T-Bone and Saticoy. I don't tend to like strats and the Saticoy is the only one I've managed to keep in my hands for an entire set. I think the pickups are great. Guitars also have great resonance. A store here stocked a ton of Nash's, some of which I liked. Got all hot after one, then i took my T-Bone in and played it next to the Nash. Game over. Nash was very nice, but not as good as the LSL. Seem to be a lot more Nash's out there though.

19. Axeaholic

Axeaholic Supporting Member

TMG has the right headstock too