Luna touring this fall.

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by Custom Deluxe, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Custom Deluxe

Custom Deluxe Member

I may be late this announcement, but I was very excited to see Dean Wareham and Britta Phillips have reunited to Lee Wall and Sean Eden and will be touring as Luna this fall.

Seems like NYC shows are all sold out, but I manage to get tickets to their Philly gig on Oct. 5.

I'm really stoked and have been waiting for them to reunite for many years. Hopefully a new record is in the works too!

Any other Lune/Dean Wareham/Dean & Britta fans out there in TGP land?

2. A-Bone

A-Bone Montonero, MOY, Multitudes Gold Supporting Member

I'm not sure how I managed to give Luna comparatively short shrift when they were around the first time, especially since I was a big fan of Galaxie 500, but I have enjoyed the music I've heard belatedly in recent years.

Wareham also wrote an exceptionally well done autobiography called Black Postcards, which I strongly recommend.

3. Sun Creature

Sun Creature Supporting Member

I am waiting for TX dates. Penthouse was a big album for me during college.

I read his auto-bio. Interesting guy.

4. Custom Deluxe

Custom Deluxe Member

Without question. Black Postcards is a must read biography. Also, check out the film made about their last tour called Tell Me Do You Miss Me? Gives the straight scope about the struggles of a touring band how had a decent following, but couldn't make a honest living from playing music. Highly recommended.

A-Bone likes this.
  5. A-Bone

A-Bone Montonero, MOY, Multitudes Gold Supporting Member

Thanks for the heads up! I have not seen that and will definitely check it out.

6. trickness

trickness Analog with a side of DSP

7. mediocreplayer

mediocreplayer Member

I think I just disagreed with your post on the Billy Joel thread, but I am agreeing with this so so much! :D

OP, Thanks for the heads up!

A-Bone likes this.
  8. Mosley

Mosley Electric Catnip

Oh man, I wish I could make one of these shows! I've been a big fan of Luna and Galaxie 500 since the early 90s...Bewitched is one of my favorite albums. I keep hoping they'll finally give that album a vinyl release for a Record Store Day.

9. Nevets

Nevets Supporting Member

I love Luna, saw the movie, read Dean's book. Heard they were touring Spain (I guess they're huge in Spain?) and some US dates. Hope they make it up here, or at least to Seattle.

Dean's solo album from last year was pretty good. But I still think his best stuff is with Luna and hopefully we see some new music.

10. Custom Deluxe

Custom Deluxe Member

Well then I've good news for you. They did release Bewitched on vinyl. It wasn't for RSD, but I got a copy a few years back. Search around, I'm fairly certain you'll be able to find it.

Mosley likes this.
  11. Blackmore's Hat

Blackmore's Hat Member

Love the Bewitched album too! 2014-15 is turning out to the best time to be a 90s music fan since well, the 90s!

Stone Roses, Ride, Swervedriver, Luna, etc., etc. Hell, even I have my band from the 90s back together.

If only Tanya D would put Belly back together

Mosley likes this.
  12. Custom Deluxe

Custom Deluxe Member

a
    I just listened to a live set from Ride from a recent festival. They sound better than ever. I mean really, really good. Drive Blind is still their closer and it sounded as killer as it did when I first heard them do it live in '90's.

Don't forget Slowdive are back together as well!

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
    Blackmore's Hat likes this.
  13. Mosley

Mosley Electric Catnip

Whoa! Seriously? That's awesome!! I've wanted that since that album came out! I'll have to track it down, thanks for the info!

14. Mosley

Mosley Electric Catnip

^I just ordered it, SERIOUSLY THANKS FOR MENTIONING THAT CUSTOM DELUXE!!

15. Blackmore's Hat

Blackmore's Hat Member

Saw RIDE's show in the ATL and I agree, they are better than ever. Drive Blind was the last song before the encore. The encore was a cover of the Beatles' Tomorrow Never Knows & Leave Them All Behind.

Fanf*@kingtastic show!

16. Blackmore's Hat

Blackmore's Hat Member

This thread made me revisit the Luna catalog. WOW, Pup Tent has some fabulous songs! "Lost in Space" from Penthouse is magic. (pun intended)

17. Nevets

Nevets Supporting Member

I think Tanya has retired now, with her Swan Song series. Would love to see a Belly reunion though.

18. iaresee

iaresee Member

Dig that book. Made me an even bigger Luna fan. I hadn't paid much attention to them figuring post-Galaxie wouldn't be as good. I was wrong.

19. Blackmore's Hat

Blackmore's Hat Member

She's been playing lots of gigs in the Mass. area recently. Several with KH & the Muses.

Nevets likes this.