Luthier north jersey

MRCHILL4

hi guys!
I’m asking for suggestions for a great luthier in the northern Nj area. In particular, fret work, leveling, crown work etc. for a strat of mine.
Thanks

FiestaRed869

I’ve used Bill also, he does nice work for sure. Won’t regret using him. That being said I drive the extra 25 minutes and pay a little more for Dangelo(Phil). His work is just a step above anyone else I’ve ever used

MRCHILL4

Thanks guys! It will be Phil then. I’ve heard a couple of other good things about him. And he’s 15 minutes away from me.

Tommy Biggs

Silver Supporting Member
I'm very happy with Bill Baker, but there really are a bunch of good choices for guitar work (and amp work) around NJ.

rauchman

I've used O'DiBella in Bergenfield for a cracked Les Paul headstock joint with good results.

Also, in Teaneck, Larch Music on Cedar Lane has been spoken of highly for fretwork.

Tommy Biggs

Silver Supporting Member
I've used O'DiBella in Bergenfield for a cracked Les Paul headstock joint with good results.

Also, in Teaneck, Larch Music on Cedar Lane has been spoken of highly for fretwork.
Lark Street music in Teaneck. Really cool shop, Duke Levine’s brother Buzzy owns it.

rauchman

Lark Street music in Teaneck. Really cool shop, Duke Levine’s brother Buzzy owns it.
I live about 4 blocks from that store. True old school guitar shop that has some magic about it. Always has an interesting selection of gear. One can drop in there on just about any day and hear some great guitar playing (not me...I suck...but there's usually someone in there that's worth listening to).

The bear

I have used Rob Di Stefano in Park Ridge, NJ for fretwork and set ups. He did great work and was very reasonable. Not sure if he is still doing setups and fretwork or if he is only winding pickups these days. Anyone know?

DrumBob

Gold Supporting Member
I would try Tony Marchatelli of Majestic Guitars in North Caldwell. I would never use Bill Baker again for anything. Nor would I ever use Dennis MacPherson in Ringwood again. Both a couple of long stories that ended with one extremely dissatisfied customer. Let's just say neither one of them knows how to set up a Rickenbacker 12 string, and one of them blamed his lousy work on "a bad set of strings," after he charged me $60 to make the guitar unplayable.