Luthiers in CT

Discussion in 'Luthier's Guitar & Bass Technical Discussion' started by pointblankpb10, Dec 7, 2016.

1. pointblankpb10

pointblankpb10 Member

I need to get the frets leveled on my strat, anybody know of some good luthiers in CT that could do this for me? I've heard of Ken Nash in Groton who is about an hour from me (I live about 15 minutes east of Hartford), but I was hoping to find something a little closer if possible.

2. John Coloccia

John Coloccia Cold Supporting Member

Norman does great work:

http://www.normsguitarshop.com/

When I shut down the repair side of my business, I sent him all of my work and all my customers. I had already seen his work several times and trusted him 100%. I've even had him do work on my personal guitar when I was moving my shop and didn't have access to tools to do it myself. He's in Newington. Incidentally, you must be right up the street from me, or something. I'm in Bolton. :) If you ever feel like checking out some stuff, you can drop by.

3. pointblankpb10

pointblankpb10 Member

Thanks for the response, Newington is a much more reasonable distance for me!

I'm in Vernon so I'm close to you, do you have a storefront in Bolton?

4. John Coloccia

John Coloccia Cold Supporting Member

Nope. Just my little home workshop. Check out my website and you can see what I do. If you're looking for a storefront, check out Whole Tone Guitars in Glastonbury. They're fairly new and have some neat instruments/amps in their shop.