• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Lyrics that didn't age well.

musicman10_1

Silver Supporting Member
In and Out of Love by Bon Jovi (The end of the song where Jon is talking is really cringe inducing.)

ant_riv

Silver Supporting Member
First thing I thought of when I saw the thread title was this topic, as I never really cared for many of the songs detailed so far. I really enjoyed this one for years, though, and I still like the song, but shudder at the topic.

HesNot

Silver Supporting Member
That was creepy when it was written.
Such a great riff and great playing - but it's hard to get past the sophomoric lyrics and Kip was 27 when the first album was released so it's not even like he was 18 when he wrote it... I think the band were a lot more talented than most of the genre musically but ... dang

StratmanSteve

Silver Supporting Member
"Used to Love Her" - G 'n' R

I always think of my ex when I hear it . . . but I didn't kill her. She's still kicking.

Ramboorider

Silver Supporting Member
Stray Cat Blues and Under My Thumb were two of my favorite Stones tunes to play, but I can't sing 'em without making myself cringe anymore. You can change the age in Stray Cat, but it loses it's impact, and you can't take the misogyny out of Under My Thumb. Spider and the Fly is OK because she used to "looks about 30" when the Stones were young punks, but as they aged, so did she, to about 50. I still do that one a lot, and she's closing on 60, as I move past it. Hey Joe has always just been a jam song to me - I've never even thought about trying to sing it.

Jimmy_Rage

"Sucking my love" by Diamondhead.

It was even cringeworthy at the time, and I believe the band received a lot of blowback (har har) as a result and consequently never made it to the big time, even though they had a cult following.

It's a pity though, the song is pretty good if you can ignore the extended sounds of fellatio in the middle.

Trending Topics