M-Audio NRV10 v current MBox's

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by Grant Ferstat, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Grant Ferstat

Grant Ferstat Some guy in obscure bands in a far away place... Silver Supporting Member

Hi folks,

I'm (still) an original MBox user. It's time to update as the old box has developed a few issues.

I want to stay with the Protools platform and still need something small, light and portable which for me rules out the 003 range. I was thinking something like the firewire Mbox Pro but looking at the M-Audio NRV10 plus ProTools M-powered would seem to be offering more bang for not a lot more buck...

Is there something I'm missing here?

2. Grant Ferstat

Grant Ferstat Some guy in obscure bands in a far away place... Silver Supporting Member

3. decay-o-caster

decay-o-caster Member

I haven't used the MBox, but I have interacted with the NRV10 and think it's a nice little unit for what it is. I'm spoiled by the ProjectMixI/O, but as a way to get some tracks into a DAW with decent control over them, I like the NRV10.

4. arnie65

arnie65 Supporting Member

So do I, I got it a few months ago on Ebay (new) for $595 and is the best purchase I've made this year. I'm using it with Protools M-Powered 7.4, the unit comes with a nice demo but I could not use it because is 7.1 and doesn't work with Windows Vista, the fact that is both analog and digital was a big plus in my descision and the unit has a lot of perks for the money, you can't really compare it to the Project Mix unit because they're 2 different animals, then again the Project mix cost 3 times as much and bottom line you can do as good work with the NRV10. Highly recommend it!!