• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

M audio ProFire 2626 Opinions?

KLINKDETROIT

I am wanting a device that can work as a stand alone unit and that can be used as extra preamps for my digi 003. I will also be using this or another unit for live sequencing and reamping and audio playback (flying in audio live). Please let me know your opinions on this unit or if another unit like the fp10 is what I need. Thanks a million

JMulhollan

I own the fp10 and I think it's great. If your just going to be using either the 2626 or the fp10 as extra preamps for your 003, your might as well save some money and get the fp10. The 2626 is awesome though, my buddy has one and it's fantastic.

I still think it might be better to just go for the fp10, it sounds great and works perfectly fine and it's also something you can get for around $400 instead of spending around $600 for the 2626. Just my opinion though.

Steve Dallas

How do you plan to connect it? If you are going to use LightPipe or some other digital connection, there are a lot of 8 channel preamps out there with digital outs that have better converters than the FP10.

KLINKDETROIT

The fp10 looks like it does not have lightpipe. Bummer. If I am to spend over $300 for a unit I figure I might as well have it for double duty (live) with a laptop and in the studio with my 003. I happened to run into the pro tools rep at guitar center an hour ago and he said I have to have lightpipe to get 8 extra inputs into the 003. I see the m audio has that but that price is a tad high for me..........

KLINKDETROIT

I see on the back of the 2626 the sync is not a bnc? Looks like the sync is possibly not very good/ I am not very experienced in clock issues but I do know my focusrite voicemaster pro has the same as my 003. Any oppinions on the sync of the 2626? Would hooking up the lightpipe be all I would need to do to use the 8 ins with the 003 or would I also need to hook the other connection up(bnc)?

Trending Topics