M BOX 2 bundle!!! the champ

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by fuzzface, Oct 20, 2005.

1. fuzzface

fuzzface Active Member

I decided to get the Mbox2 bundle instead of saffire. The bundle has some nice plug ins, that are cheaper to buy in the bundle. I recently talked with two studios in san fran and they said I should really spend the time learning protools. They felt that since protools is the standard with all big studios, but maybe not all people. However, it will be easier for communication and file sharing. The mbox is just a great little device like saffire for beginners in recording who want better sound quality than the portable stand alones ( marantz, m-audio and the R-1), but with more software and 120+ tracks! I am excited to start!

2. Hipster Dofus

Hipster Dofus Member

Post an update every so often. I am considering the M box as well.

3. tonefreak

tonefreak Member

I have the first generation MBox and it has treated me very well. No issues what so ever!

I personally won't make the move to Mbox 2... waiting for a USB 2.0 or Firewire version!!

4. Norcal_GIT_r

Norcal_GIT_r Member

I just picked up an MBox2 bundle and i'm really liking it.
    Very easy to use and works great!!

5. Matt Gordon

Matt Gordon Senior Member

My Mbox II + factory bundle is on the way. I've heard issues with certain Powerbook models, but my (PB) is brand new. Hoping it all works as advertised. My first exposure to Protools. Can't wait to start tracking.

6. tfunster

tfunster Gold Supporting Member

What computers are you guys running the MBOX 2 on??? I have a Dell Dimension 4600, do you guys know if it'll run okay on this computer, as it's not listed as one of the recommended computers on the digidesign website. I tried e-mailing them but I haven't got a response yet.

7. nickdahl

nickdahl Member

I have a Dimension 4600 that I use with my Mbox (not the 2). It works great. The chipset is appropriate (i865PE), but you might want to add some memory. I have 3 GB in my machine and have almost no problems. I have a 2.4 GHz CPU, but may swap that for a 3.2 GHz processor.

Nick

8. Norcal_GIT_r

Norcal_GIT_r Member

I'm using a HP ZV5001us laptop w/ P4 2.4 w/2gigs of memory.
    My rig has been working flawlessly since installing pro tools and mbox2 2 months ago. I've recorded 40+ songs so far without a hiccup.

9. tfunster

Thanx for the replies. Nickdahl, where did you get the memory from??? and how much to upgrade???
    thanx
    michael

10. tfunster

Thanx for the replies. Nickdahl, where did you get the memory from??? and how much to upgrade???
    thanx
    michael