• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

M.Schenker, H. Rarebell, F. Buchholz Rehearsing "Let It Roll"

karmadave

Gold Supporting Member
These guys were in Michael's band when I saw him a couple years ago. My first, and only, time seeing MS live. Great show (but too many obnoxious opening bands...)

Now there is a player! I often wondered how many overdubs there were on Strangers In The Night, because it just sounded like a masterpiece of guitari playing. I am inclined to believe it was all legit (and I certainly want to believe that...).

He's still got it for sure.

skronker

2010/2013/2015 S.C. Champions
I got to see him here in a little club.
There was like 50 people there.

Just standing there, 5-10 feet from him....f'n amazing
Never seen Schenker live.
Would really like to see him in that type of intimate setting.

Bummer defined: Saw UFO twice in the 70s. Both times Schenker was not in the band.
I saw them in Chicago on the tour after Schenker left for the first time.
Chapman was good and adequate but it wasn't Mike.
Mike is the maestro. The perfect blend of classical, blues and rock n roll.
He was so young when he was writing those classic riffs.
He deserves a place on Mt. Guitarmore.

Banditt

As I said in my post above, I was a big fan in my formative years. IMO Schenker was best in UFO because of the songs and riff-based platform that he added his brilliant melodic lines upon. I haven't followed his Career closely in the last 20 years, but seems like the songs just haven't been there. I also generally only follow musicians who "evolve" there sound and "expand"...not sure he has done that, but again...don't follow closely.

I also was around in around '83-'84 when he rolled through town in some of his darker days. So glad he seems to have fixed all those issues in his life.

I'll definately give his newer stuff a listen...

Hand of Doom

These guys were in Michael's band when I saw him a couple years ago. My first, and only, time seeing MS live. Great show (but too many obnoxious opening bands...)
I saw them in a small club as well. It was great to see these legends in a small setting. Great show.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom