M13 Settings!

treeuh

Hey, just until DialedTone.com gets up and running (any update on that would be great!)- share your settings!

Maybe share some settings that sound like other pedals (e.g. "The 'Screamer' model sounds like the Full-Drive 2 at this setting!")

Jon Silberman

10Q Jerry & Dickey
Gold Supporting Member
Hey OP - where are your examples? :confused:

WTF, I'll throw the first bones. To get us started, a duet from my "archives": Boost Comp into Tron Up for super nice vowel-like Tronisms with single coils (CREDIT: Michael Dukes).

Tomorrow evening is band practice, but I'll try to add something new Wed. eve. Perhaps my triple-threat combo. of Line 6 Distortion to Boost Comp to Tron Up I'm using for Beverly Hills (Weezer).

The key to the Tron Up in all uses is a combination of leveling the incoming signal with a comp and then setting the Tron Up Frequency and Q judiciously to get a sweet/not harsh response out of the model. For me, that usually means setting the Frequency at no more than half way up and the Q up fairly high. As the input signal increases in strength, lower the Frequency setting correspondingly to avoid high-end harshness.

To think, at one point early on, I almost returned my M13 to GC in its 1st month out of frustration with the Q-Tron-like model. This taught me the lesson I'm applying to all other M13 modeling and it's something StompBoxBlues repeats like a mantra (which it should be): don't fixate on what Line 6 names the knobs, just tweak 'em and trust your ears. The tones are in there. It's like Shakedown Street, mon: Don't tell me this town ain't got no heart - just gotta poke around. :D

NOW THE REST OF YOU: QUICK OBSESSING OVER YOUR STEREO/MULTIPLE/LOOPING/LINE OUT CRAZY SETUPS and share some darn model settings! :horse

Last edited:

cjs42079

ahem...if you would be so kind as to share your Line 6 distortion settings then we could all cop that Beverly Hills tone :)

Trending Topics