Machine Gun

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by telewacker, Apr 8, 2015.

1. telewacker

telewacker Member

I'm involved in a trio, Band Of Gypsies Revisted, that we put together to enjoy playing this great music. Larry Vann-drums and vocals, Michael Warren-bass and vocals, Paul Branin-guitar and vocals.

This is a rough rehearsal track...bad mix, clams, etc., but has its moments I think.

https://soundcloud.com/user40571392/bogr-promo-mix3

2. hansgruber

hansgruber Member

3. JParry335

JParry335 Member

Man, I thought overall it was well done! I'm a big Jimi fan and BOG is one of my favorite albums. I loved the part from 8:45 to about 9:15. You did a great job of capturing that vibe.
    Speaking of vibe! What are you using? It sounds great.

4. jonnytexas

jonnytexas Supporting Member

Sounded great. Gear?

5. telewacker

telewacker Member

50's Road Worn Strat stock except for the Illitch back plate, '79 Marshall 2204, '69Marshall 100wat cab with G12Hs, 014 cones.

I used the high input, volume about 10 o'clock and pedals for gain.

Pedals used are Mooer Hustle Drives, GGG Octavia stacked with the Mooer (with octave off mostly) for fuzz, Dunlop Vintage Crybaby, Fulltone Mini DejaVibe. WET Reverb.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
  6. famous beagle

famous beagle Member

What's the matter? Couldn't get that first note of the solo to come to life the way Jimi did? :) Just kiddin', of course. Great guitar work all the way around. Hats off to ya!

7. Jah Parsonanda

Jah Parsonanda Member

Sounds good! I used to jam this song on the drums back in the day. Still trying to figure it out on the guitar ... :)

8. telewacker

telewacker Member

Yeah that note is just too easy to get with three 100 watt full stacks. More of a challenge with a 50watt half stack for sure! :roll

9. jwny72

jwny72 Member

What's the clear, disc like thing on your reverb pedal; something to adjust a parameter on the fly with your foot?

Fantastic singing and too. Killer.

10. telewacker

telewacker Member

That's a Kick Disc...replace a knob on your pedal with it and turn it with your foot. I use it for the reverb mix. Never fails to be the one thing on my boards that everyone is curious about!

That's Larry Vann singing. Old school Oakland.

11. DøøG

DøøG Member

Very cool Paul! Nice tone & playin! I like those roadworn strats, nice for the $$$$....

12. telewacker

telewacker Member

Thanks! To me the challenge of this tune is all the sonic stuff...the feedback behind the vocals in the last ostinado section, the ending, etc.

As to the RW I have a few and I've yet to play anything better except a vintage Strat and that includes some high dollar relics and CS models. YMMV.