Mackie 808S Amp routing

Hi,
Brand new here, long time player.
I do a solo Acoustic act. I need to run my AG60 acoustic guitar amp through my Mackie 808S PA.....manual is not clear, at least to me.....but I'm a player not a sound guy.
Anybody know how I do this?
Man I appreciate it.
Thanks,
Wally in Mississippi

335guy

On the back of the Acoustic AG60 amp, there is a balanced XLR output. Simply run a mic XLR mic cable from that into one of the mixer's XLR channels. The adjust the mixer's volume and EQ to suit.

Awe shucks.....I guess I could have had that V8.....
Thanks. ...I'll go try it right now. ...
The reason I want to run it through the Mackie is that the guitar sounds great up to about 8 o'clock, after that. ...starts to sound a little tinny......same on my Marshall ASD50. ...the guitar is a Martin Jumbo...

335guy

An additional point. The Acoustic AG60 has a line out level control on the back, near the outputs. You will need to turn this up to send signal to the mixer. Try starting at the 12 oclock position. This control does NOT affect the amp's volume, only how much signal is sent via the outputs.

BTW, I do the same thing with my Fishman Loudbox mini. Run it into the PA. Sounds great that way.

Much mo better!
And the level adjustment in the back of the AG60 is independent from front of amp channel.
Great sound now. Try it out live at this weekends gig.
I do feel a little like a dumb arse tho.....
Thanks again.

An additional point. The Acoustic AG60 has a line out level control on the back, near the outputs. You will need to turn this up to send signal to the mixer. Try starting at the 12 oclock position. This control does NOT affect the amp's volume, only how much signal is sent via the outputs.

BTW, I do the same thing with my Fishman Loudbox mini. Run it into the PA. Sounds great that way.
I am digging it.....this is the best "acoustic" sound I've been able to get from my acoustics out now my little sound stage.
Mikes are best but just too many variables live. I move around way to much.....

Trending Topics