1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Mackie Hotwire VT12...anyone else intrigued?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by redpill, Jun 15, 2008.

1. redpill

redpill Member

http://mackie.com/products/hotwire/index.html

This sounds really, really interesting. I wish they'd left out the on-board effects (great for practice amps, but I don't like 'em on my main amp), and I could really do without the LCD display, but still, it's an interesting premise. Anyone hear/read anything from anyone who might know?

2. MusicESP

MusicESP Member

Check the manufacturers forum, if you're interested in buying one of these, I have a listing there.

3. AndrewC

AndrewC Silver Supporting Member

I've had this on my radar for a while now and they're starting to leak out onto the market at last.

Has anyone played one yet?

4. Ben Furman

Ben Furman Member

I like the layout. I doubt the amp will sell well at the $1500 price point, but it will be a very cool product if it delivers on sound. The Musikmesse videos were something of a disappointment....

It's always good to see promising innovations in amp design. Meanwhile, I'm very happy with my Pritchard.

-Ben