Mad House Design Pickups

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by ES330, Jan 21, 2012.

1. ES330

ES330 Supporting Member

I paid for a few sets of pickups 4 months ago.
    After hearing excuse after excuse...
    Was finally told they have been shipped...
    Well... you guessed it... no pickups ever received...
    Now Rayne, from MHDpickups has gone silent...

Anybody else been ripped off by MHDpickups ??

Thanks in advance !!!!

2. ES330

ES330 Supporting Member

3. Deathmonkey

Deathmonkey Member

You might want to read the rules regarding "deals gone bad". It must be frustrating, what you're going through, and I appreciate the desire to warn others, I'd just hate to see you get in trouble for trying to do the right thing. :aok

4. ES330

ES330 Supporting Member

Thanks, but I thought that was about deals gone bad on TGP.
    I'm commenting on a crooked company that I feel I'm doing a service
    to the board.... so no one else gets ripped off

Just one search away for any TGP member....

I've seen threads on "effects" about crooked companies
    that many members keep alive...

Ric5150 likes this.
  5. ES330

ES330 Supporting Member

6. Clump

Clump Member

I bought a set from him last year and it went smooth and the pups were great. You might want to post this in the MLP vendor section. He spends a lot of time there.

He had some trouble filling orders for a while (a little too successful), but I have not heard of anybody not getting their pups eventually and Rayne seems like a stand up guy. IIRC he has some ongoing medical issues that may be part of the problem.

7. nicko77

nicko77 Member

I have heard of this happening with them on a few occasions. It makes me nervous as I just ordered a pickup. It seems there is always some excuse going on with them and it is a long wait. I think they just bite off more than they can chew. They seem to be a nice company, just not well organized and have unpredictable customer service. Sometimes no response to emails which is unacceptable. If you truly got ripped off, I would consult Pay Pal or better yet the fraud department of your credit card or banking center. This is sure to light a fire under the ass of anyone who ripped you off, or get them dealt with and your hard earned money refunded. Business owners need to be very careful these days in being irresponsible. As for MHD, I am told they make a great product and are good people, but no one should be left in the dark. It should also be disclosed upon payment, what the ACTUAL lead time is to getting your purchase in hand. No one should have to wait 3 months to a year. At that point I'm on the phone with the Fraud Department of my bank. Mistakes or not.

8. captcoolaid

captcoolaid Member

I have not gone silent at all. I am on 4 other forums, FB and have a web page. Apparently you have not tried any of those. I take offence inn the crooked company and all that. My shipping is lengthy at times but that is in the past i am now at a solid 2 weeks.

I have no idea who you are and have not heard anything regarding your order that nothing has shown. Supply me with the PP transaction and i will be more than happy to look into it. Or just supply the pp address and the date of purchase. I will admit openly I have had issues in shipping and have hired help to aid in the build time. But i have never ever ripped anyone off.

9. aT19er

aT19er Member

Odd, as I just received a set from MHD Pickups just two weeks ago. My order to delivery time was about five weeks. Overall the service was good, but there was an instance where I had to email Rayne a couple of times before I got a response. However, the second time I emailed him he got back to me the same day.

And incase anyone's curious, his pickups are great! I totally think it solved my need for a new cab.

10. FennRx

FennRx Member

dis gon b good

Ric5150 likes this.
  11. captcoolaid

captcoolaid Member

I posted then realized this was from beginning of the year. I just want to know if he got his pups. To date i do not know of any save 1 set that has not gotten to its destination.. If he still has not gotten them then it needs to be resolved, but i think they have and I still have no idea who he is.

I have a family and it gets in the way at times, I now am getting better at delivery. I hate that it takes so long, I have a new way of doing all my orders. If you do not get an invoice then we do not get paid that simple. We just started this as well as order form check list so pups are done correctly and efficiently, I also have an assembler now so it is not just me. I shipped 13 sets this week and have 4 more to ship monday with a few dealer orders after that. If I was ripping people off do you think I would have repeat customers and even repeat dealers.

I am not Bill Boggs of WB pickups LMAO

12. captcoolaid

captcoolaid Member

whats up Fenn. How is tricks

13. FennRx

FennRx Member

hey cap'n. Doin' ok.

I had to laugh a little bit when I read the OP, what with your dealings with an unscrupulous pickup winder and all. ;)

:munch

14. captcoolaid

captcoolaid Member

Yeah I hear ya. I read the date on this afterward. And was like Doh i am an idiot. I am glad you are doing well. Things are finally back at normal now so I think 2 weeks is gonna be the build time till I can figure out how to get that lower.