• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Mad Prof Snow White Auto Wah vs Subdecay Prometheus

lv

Silver Supporting Member
Anyone try both? Curious if the Prometheus can do some of the SWAW tones, as I'd love to alos have the step wah functionality.

Thanks

Lucidology

Silver Supporting Member
Dying to give the Subdecay a go ..
I'm still on the fence with my Snow White as it's not as aticulate as the Emma..
However, it has a bigger sounding filter for sure ...

lv

Silver Supporting Member
Dying to give the Subdecay a go ..
I'm still on the fence with my Snow White as it's not as aticulate as the Emma..
However, it has a bigger sounding filter for sure ...
I'm going to find out next week.....

There has been so much praise for the Emma, I almost went with that, but it doesn't seem to have that really low bwomp/pukey kind of tone, what are your thoughts Joe?

The Prometheus seems to do so much, if it can do SWAW tones for $100 less I'll be pretty happy.

Lucidology

Silver Supporting Member
I'm going to find out next week.....

There has been so much praise for the Emma, I almost went with that, but it doesn't seem to have that really low bwomp/pukey kind of tone, what are your thoughts Joe?

No the Emma doesn't do the pukey kind of low bwomp tone... :YinYang

lv

Silver Supporting Member
No the Emma doesn't do the pukey kind of low bwomp tone... :YinYang
Thanks for the info Joe. Have you seen/heard the prometheus clips on youtube? I am new to filters but man this thing seems to do it all.

OliverGuitars

I have wanted the SWAW for a while, but the price is so high for a e/filter, but I guess all Mad Prof pedals are that much. I dont really use any effects other than a wah pedal, but the clips sound god like to me. I may pull the trigger.

Also, I never see them in the emporium, so it must be a keeper once you get it. Anyone got a SWAW to sell to me!

TJSmitty

Yes, the Prometheus CAN do the swanky SWAW tones, although its a slightly different feel. I prefer the Prometheus for the versatility myself, although the SWAW has a soft milky feel thats unique and hard to describe. The Prom is the best all around filter available, in any price range.