Mad Professor Loud’ N Proud

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by BakerySpecial, Dec 2, 2018.

1. BakerySpecial

BakerySpecial Supporting Member

I’ve just ordered the new Mad Professor Loud’ N Proud... NPD pending. I’ve been looking forward to trying this pedal since it was announced. I think they just started shipping, but does anyone have one yet? Or have one on order? The video demo clips sound really great.

2. Buzzard Luck

Buzzard Luck Member

Wow, this looks really cool! Sounds awesome! Some of the demos are even quite dumbly~. But it’s got the classic tone nailed:

ChampReverb and DaveKS like this.
  3. BakerySpecial

I’ve owned a Marshall 50-watt SLP. I miss that sound on my current pedal board. The reason I sold the SLP was the lack of clean headroom. The LNP into my DRRI should bring that amps sound back into my arsenal. Also, I’m anxious to check out the feel of the pedal. So much of that sound is because of the way the amp feels (if that makes sense). If you’ve played a SLP you know what I mean.... percussive, immediate, singing all come to mind.

The reason Mad Professor site says:

Mad Professor Loud´n Proud is a vintage 4-input Marshall in a box. It’s a compact pedal with a complete amp signal path replicated inside. Not only the preamp but also the power amp containing phase inverter, push-pull stage, and output transformer simulation. This internal structure makes the pedal not only sound but also behave like a real amp.

We shall see....

The boost/fuzz is really just a bonus IMHO. Really a great idea to pair to sound that work great together in one box. JHS, EQD, and others do this well also.

Anyway, the LNP will be replacing my JHS AT+ if it is all it’s cracked up to be.

Gratuitous pedal board shot:

kimson and Stephans like this.
  4. Buzzard Luck

Buzzard Luck Member

What seems particularly intriguing, is instead of another VH in a box claim, in their ad copy they mention Yngwie tone! That alone makes me extra curious. I bet the boost function can be wound up to really get the box cooking.

5. oansun

oansun Supporting Member

I feel like this was a pedal that flew under the radar hear, I’ve watched the demos as they come and sounds great

BakerySpecial and Buzzard Luck like this.
  6. markokarhu

markokarhu Member

Not Yngwie tone nor the playing expert here, but here is one short clip about the subject. Without the boost as the early Yngwie tone did not seem to have a lot of dirt, but you can get more by using the boost for sure, thanks!

Beto, lakersrock, Teleman76 and 2 others like this.
  7. KissTone

KissTone Member

Yea, I just heard about this one, and I must say that the demos sound great!

Now I'd like to hear some demos running it through a clean Fender Deluxe Rev or a PR to find out if it can cop vintage Marshall tones in that rig.

Beto, BakerySpecial and lakersrock like this.
  8. lakersrock

lakersrock Member

Great. Another pedal I have to buy now. That clip sounded so great.

KissTone and Buzzard Luck like this.
  9. jasonmetalfreak

jasonmetalfreak Member

Looking forward to see more demos coming out. I'm kinda addicted to Plexi style pedals so really want to see how this one compared with my Menatone King and WMB, also with Revival Drive as well. However I had an unpleasant experience with the Little Tweedy Drive, so dunno how is the Loud’ N Proud built. The Little Tweedy Drive lacks mid-range clarity and has some unnatural 'hiss' thing going on the low strings, compared with both Catalinbread Formula 55 and Wampler Tweed 57. Although it did sound good in the demos (I'm sold by that Hotel California solo vid).:munch

10. BakerySpecial

I play a DRRI, so I will post a demo once I have the pedal. Crazy USPS shipping times with the holidays. It’s been 5 days and still no update to the tracking info. Ugh!!!

KissTone and lakersrock like this.
  11. Jackinzebox

Jackinzebox Member

There is a video on Mad Professor Facebook that shows the pedal running through a Fender Hot Rod Deville clean amp..sounds nice.
    Îve ordered mine saturday, can't wait to try it!

Buzzard Luck and lakersrock like this.
  12. BakerySpecial

13. SteveR

SteveR Member

Looking forward to your thoughts. :)

14. BakerySpecial

Wow. Love it. Well done MP. This pedal has the tone AND feel. The fuzz is a bonus and make the whole package just killer. This is definitely a studio gem. Very tweakable with several awesome tones. More to come in the next few days as I play around. Color me impressed:)

Stephans, Tuolotupa, SteveR and 2 others like this.
  15. RolandKorg

RolandKorg Member

Please share more....

Buzzard Luck and lakersrock like this.
  16. jazzfromhell

jazzfromhell Member

17. OotMagroot

OotMagroot Member

Wowza! This pedal looks great.

18. tonedover

tonedover Supporting Member

yeah this sonds great!

19. flyonthewall150

flyonthewall150 Supporting Member

Would this be good for Hendrix type stuff? Like the dirty Marshall clean and then the fuzz boost for leads?

20. flantrax

flantrax Supporting Member

That's one of the applications it excels at.