Mad Professor Mellow Yellow Tremolo YouTube video review

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Alter, May 22, 2008.

1. Alter

Alter Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtvzG2KyVko

just got this pedal and thought it 'd be nice to do a small review on it, since i couldn 't find much on the net about it when trying to decide whether to buy it or not.

it s a true sine wave tremolo. nothing fancy about it feature wise: level (overall signal volume), speed and depth for the tremolo. the control ranges are on the minimal side (i tried to show them on the video). but every sound is usable and musical.

i was impressed with the quality of the sound, the transparency of the signal, and the subtle faux-compression feel you get with heavy tremolo sounds. the leslie sounds are fun too. also it is very quiet. overall VERY, VERY musical sounding (my cheap camera doesn 't do the sound justice). i feel it was definitely worth my money, probably will be buying more MP stuff in the future..

seeing the youtube video, one feature that didn't really come through was the volume control. it is subtle, goes from a small volume drop to unity, and up to a small boost in volume. nothing too extreme.

2. Twanger

Twanger Member

Very nice clip, thanks for the demo. The true sine wave seems to work great for the more subtle settings. Nice playing too! ;)

3. SkydogFan81

SkydogFan81 Supporting Member

great demo! That is another killer MP pedal!

4. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

efharisto!!!
    That was great.
    poso kani?
    :D

5. ruger9

ruger9 Supporting Member

true sine wave = brownface = Swamp Thang = Tremodillo ???

WOAH... about $350 US? No offense, but... pass....

I'll keep my Swamp Thang I got used for $130. Too bad too- that speed control is EXACTLY what I've been looking for... the slow & fast extremes are PERFECT, and it's entire range is USABLE (unlike Swamp thing which can get ridiculously slow and fast)

6. guitarcrazy2004

guitarcrazy2004 Member

:D me likey the mellow pedal...:D..Thanks for the clips....;)

7. amphead777

amphead777 Member

Great clip and great English.