• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Mad Professor Snow White AutoWah

jimtaka

I just received a Snow White AutoWah in the mail. I scored it via a WTB thread in the Emporium here.... for $195 (thanks ickygoo!). An awesome deal imo.

I've had it for about two hours now, and it's been some of the most fun I've had playing guitar in a while!

It's extremely smooth and full sounding throughout it's range. I haven't been able to dial in a really sharp and biting top end like you get in the toe down position with a vintage-voiced wah, but that's a good thing for me. I got rid of my Clyde Deluxe because of that (I wasn't aware at the time that you could adjust the teeth to take out the high end of the sweep). I was able to get to just the right amount of bite on the top end pretty easily and the bottom end is very round and full. It's easy to dial in a lot of quack in the middle as well.

I'm finding it a real blast to play. I don't know if I prefer it to playing a regular style wah yet as I'm just hesitant to remark since I've only had it for a few hours. So far I'm loving the way you can control it with your volume knob and picking dynamics. You can get most of the same control as a regular wah, and you don't have to be glued to your pedalboard.

Is anybody else out there absolutely loving their SWAW? Anybody tried one and didn't really dig it?

Last edited:

ruger9

Silver Supporting Member
I've wanted one for awhile now. It sounds awesome. But I just can't pay $350 for a pedal, with very few exceptions. And MP stuff all seems overpriced to me. Their Mello Yello Trem also sounds great, but again, I won't pay that much for a pedal.

jhumber

Had one on my board for a month now and really
like it. It replaced my Crybaby, although there are definitely things a real wah can do that the SWAW can't do, but for my uses it's close enough.

jimtaka

I've seen them go for as low as $229 on eBay recently. They usually go for more like $250-$275, but if you're patient you can find one cheaper. I've been watching eBay and the Emporium for literally months waiting to score a good deal. Good things come to those who wait!

Top Bottom