1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

MAD PROFESSOR Stone Grey Distortion demos from Bobby D and MORE players...

Discussion in 'Gear Demo Videos & Sound Clips Archive' started by Bobby D, May 18, 2011.

1. Bobby D

Bobby D Member

Shot all these videos at my amp tech;s "amp cave"

George had JUST completed a brand new HJ-50 custom made Harry Joyce style 50 watt head, and I was also blessed to have studio/session great JEFF PRINE at the shop to shoot some demos.

I will upload them as they get finished!

2. Bobby D

Bobby D Member

Stone Grey with 80s SChecter Tele with 2 hums......into Scholz 50 watt head and hiwatt 4x12 with Fanes:

3. Bobby D

Bobby D Member

stone grey with SChecter strat - single coils -- Scholz 50 watt head into hiwatt 4x12 with Fanes:

4. Bobby D

Bobby D Member

stone grey with Reverend Reeves Gabrels model, Scholz 50 watt head, hiwatt 4x12 with fanes......

5. MikeyG

MikeyG Supporting Member

loved those distortion tones. Reminds me of Accept - Balls to the Wall. Just needs a tiny bit more teeth to get there. Love it either way....

6. Bobby D

Bobby D Member

the stone grey is really one of the finest HIGH GAIN modern sounding distortions i have played. even with intense amounts of gain, it;s still very articulate and open.

this IS the BJFe CLiffhanger II circuit that people have paid $900 - $1000 for on ebay :omg

if you are seeking a high gain box to play into a clean amp, you gotta check one of those out!!

7. temple12

temple12 Noodler Extraordinaire Silver Supporting Member

Hey - just out of curiosity, where was the gain set in that last clip toward the middle and end?

8. Bobby D

Bobby D Member

MOST of the time, the gain was set at noon. a few times i turned it down to about 9 pm, and one brief section i cranked it up to about 3 pm.

also -- both Jeff and I were working the volume knob on the guitar quite a bit.

the pedal has PLENTY of gain on tap, but retains a lot of clarity and articulation no matter how much gain is used....