Madcat Guitars

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Wick_dawg, May 5, 2016.

1. Wick_dawg

Wick_dawg Member

I live in LA and frequent the Mesa/Boogie store on Sunset in Hollywood.

They always have a couple of HS Anderson MadCat Reissues in stock, which most here I'm sure are aware is the main guitar of choice of the dearly departed Prince. I believe that they are the only store in LA that is a dealer of that particular guitar. They sell for $3,100.

I've had my eyes on one of those for a while. They sound and play amazing. The guys there said they usually sell about 4-5 per year. I went there yesterday and they said that the day after Prince died, the sold both of the ones they had in stock and have received a dozen more orders since then. HS Anderson only makes 7 per month so they said that they hope to fulfill the current orders by the end of the year.

It's always crazy how the death of a legend boosts record sales and in this case, his axe of choice. It's understandable though and and natural to not realise what we had until it's gone. Prince was fluent in music like most of us here are fluent in the English language. I bet you could give him an instrument he's never touched before and he could get you something out of it within an hour.

I can't wait to hear his unreleased music and I still hope to own a MadCat at some point.

2. Dindu

Dindu Member

I just got one.
    It exceeded all of my expectations.
    Get one. totally worth it beyond the Prince factor.

vlammie likes this.