Made a deal with the devil-- and it's working

Discussion in 'Playing and Technique' started by davess23, Mar 2, 2012.

1. davess23

davess23 Member

Figured I'd share with anyone who might benefit from this.

I love playing, but I'm also something of a gear whore. However, I long ago got sick of beating up on myself for who I am. So I figured out how to cope with TGP in a way that balances things out a little.

When I visit this forum, I always make it a poiint to check out the Emporium and see what's new. But I also make it a point to stop in at Playing and Technique and grab whatever guitar's on the couch so I can try to do something that's outside my current comfort zone.

For what it's worth, this strategy has been working pretty damn well.

2. bobmc

bobmc Supporting Member

My first few clicks for visiting the TGP are always here in Playing, lots of great discussions and a huge pool of knowledge that is freely shared.

3. gennation

gennation Member

I loved the thread title! :)

4. dsmc80

dsmc80 Member

Agreed. I've seen a lot of posts in other parts of the forum about all the negativity and what not. And there are things that happen from time to time that are worthless and stupid really. On the other hand I have picked up more great musical ideas, gear fixes, things to practice, etc. on here that were completely out of the generosity of other people. I've had people go out of their way to offer suggestions and help in PMs and through the regular forum. Oh yeah, and I've scored some incredible gear.

I've gone through so many lessons and posts in this section and it has been invaluable. Different perspectives always help me learn more about music.
    Very good stuff indeed. :aok