Made in USA article today

Discussion in 'Builder's & Retailer's Forum' started by LavaMan, Jan 31, 2012.

1. LavaMan

LavaMan Gold Supporting Member

http://money.cnn.com/2012/01/31/smallbusiness/manufacturing_usa/index.htm?source=cnn_bin

I am proud to say that it is not easy but we we are doing it.

We buy all of the parts for our Lava branded cable products in the USA; our cable from three different USA bulk cable manufacturers, our plugs from a supplier in PA and our J-cards are printed here in Owasso, and our product bags are bought from factory in WI and they are all assembled here in Owaaso, OK.

Since 2005 we have created a total of 14 jobs and hope to create many more.

Made in USA can be done and it benefits us all.

Let's hear your story...

2. Zexcoil

Zexcoil Vendor

Good on ya!

We're doing it too. We source everything possible in the USA. Every single piece of a Zexcoil pickup is custom made, either by us or to our specifications. The pickups are and will continue to be manufactured in the USA, by us.

In fact the only thing we don't source from the US right now are the magnets, because they don't make them here.

It's not cheap, but part of our motivation to try and get this business going was to support American made products and contribute to the re-establishment of a manufacturing base in this country.

I'm not a rabid nationalist or anything, and I realize that tgp is an international community, but I do feel very strongly that the erosion and outsourcing of US manufacturing has taken a severe toll on this country and I think it is important to backfill some of it. I believe that companies have a responsibility to their local communities.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  3. Loni Specter

Loni Specter Member

4. sondich

sondich Member

This point often gets lost on people. Supporting the local economy isn't about denigrating offshore products, it's about keeping some semblance of a manufacturing infrastructure. Believe it or not, it may come in handy down the road.

5. LavaMan

LavaMan Gold Supporting Member

I agree completely....

6. Zexcoil

Zexcoil Vendor

In light of the recent focus on working conditions in Chinese electronics factories...

BUMP!

7. Rocknrollampsinc

Rocknrollampsinc Member

8. tonedevilguitars

tonedevilguitars Member

This is awesome guys, I am really glad to see more manufacturing in the states, after watching some of the documentary footage on the plants in China, I never thought it was that bad over there, they actually have nets around the buildings to catch suicide jumpers!

We are building harp guitars and custom instruments here also and have tried to stay away from over seas components as much as possible, the only thing we are using is Gotoh tuners from Japan, which are a reputable tuner. Everything else is made here.

9. venivici

venivici Member

Bravo. I have a couple Lava cables and may add a few more done the road.